DVDVR Message Board

Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles!

bought some sealed figures a couple weeks ago. When they arrived, one of them had opened. these are from the Diablo PC game, mid 90s. not super common. but the boxes aren't in fantastic shape or anything, so i'm torn.

do i pull a half ass reseal myself? is there a tried-and-true way to do that? 

or do i open all the figures?

update: i just re-sealed them myself. they're not perfect, so if i decide to open them in the future, i won't feel all that bad about it.

Edited by twiztor

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

look, i need somebody to tell me that i don't need to track down all of the Marvel Legends: Age of Apocalypse figures from a few years ago.  there's two waves, and that's just too much, but i know that if i grab just one (Morph) or two (X-Man), then i won't be able to control myself. HELP!

Picture 1 of 1

X-Men Marvel Legends AOA Colossus Series Figures Hi-Res & Packaged Photos!  - Marvel Toy News

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BatmanCombatBelt-Series1-Loose.jpg

Combat Belt Batman from Batman: The Animated Series is my holy grail Batman figure. I go on eBay every now and then to look for it along with other Batman: The Animated Series figures/Funko POP! Combat Belt Batman goes for a lot of money and you only see a few available. Two weeks ago I went on eBay by chance to find the bidding for one was closing in seven hours. I bid and I won! I got it for a great price and now it's the crown jewel of my Batman collection!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2023 at 10:57 AM, The Natural said:

BatmanCombatBelt-Series1-Loose.jpg

Combat Belt Batman from Batman: The Animated Series is my holy grail Batman figure. I go on eBay every now and then to look for it along with other Batman: The Animated Series figures/Funko POP! Combat Belt Batman goes for a lot of money and you only see a few available. Two weeks ago I went on eBay by chance to find the bidding for one was closing in seven hours. I bid and I won! I got it for a great price and now it's the crown jewel of my Batman collection!

IMG_4983_1024x1024.jpg?v=1624473050

Bought The Joker from Batman: The Animated Series by Kenner to go with Combat Batman. I didn't have to beat 15 bidders like I had Combat Belt Batman, just had to pay the set price. I have Batman/The Joker from Batman: The Animated Series by Kenner.

8f0385ec8c19e7866c7b4199c749fd15.jpg

dc-collectibles---batman-the-animated-se

I have Batman/The Joker from Batman: The Animated Series by DC Collectibles.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Batman/The Joker from Batman: The Adventures Continue by DC Direct.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/31/2023 at 8:15 PM, twiztor said:

look, i need somebody to tell me that i don't need to track down all of the Marvel Legends: Age of Apocalypse figures from a few years ago.  there's two waves, and that's just too much, but i know that if i grab just one (Morph) or two (X-Man), then i won't be able to control myself. HELP!

you guys were no help at all, and my impulses won out over my self control. that said, i did score quite a good deal to get 75% of these figures. the rest were all at or near market value, so i still spent more than i should have, but what can you do .....

20240306-170150

20240306-175055

Edited by twiztor

On 3/6/2024 at 7:11 PM, twiztor said:

you guys were no help at all, and my impulses won out over my self control. that said, i did score quite a good deal to get 75% of these figures. the rest were all at or near market value, so i still spent more than i should have, but what can you do .....

20240306-170150

20240306-175055

Not to make it worse or rub salt in it, but AoA Blink also got a release in an earlier wave. Unless something massive changed, she was pretty available at below retail though.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, The Unholy Dragon said:

Not to make it worse or rub salt in it, but AoA Blink also got a release in an earlier wave. Unless something massive changed, she was pretty available at below retail though.

Blink is on my radar, and i am waiting for the right price. i'm also looking at some other figures to complement the set, even if they're not really AoA figures- obviously need a Mr. Sinister. there's a nice black suit/mohawk Storm that i think fits as well. Keeping an eye out for a Gambit that thematically fits as well, but that is proving more challenging.

• Like 1

Awwww. I didn't even remember this thread existed.

A lot of the Colossus Build-A-Figure Wave is sitting at Ollie's right now for 9.99 a figure. I already got all of that wave, and am also casually looking for the Sugar Man wave.

With MArvel Legends I generally stick with X-Men related figures, unless there's some random release that I have a soft spot for like Frog Man and White Rabbit.

I've been really big on GI Joe Confidential figures.

Just dipped my toes into the Ninja Turtle Ultimates Line, for, and I'm not joking, the Muckman figure. It was one of my favorite figures growing up and the Ultimate version is pretty damn cool.

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, odessasteps said:

There’s a new (?) Psycho Pirate figure, you say? Tell me more. 😀

It's pretty good, but unfortunately part of a Crisis wave that's a McFarlane Store exclusive in some (most? all?) markets so the price to get one is $40 USD plus shipping which is...steep.