DVDVR Message Board

Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

FQt2nAjWQAMoiLi?format=jpg&name=small

As somebody who keeps figures on card in their packaging, I hate the new windowless boxes. You can't display the figure, can't check if there's any flaws to it and some may exploit the box by putting something else in. This sucks.

Edited by The Natural

On 3/16/2022 at 12:08 AM, The Natural said:

I know McFarlane Toys do a lot of Batman figures, I desperately want Batman from Batman: Year One and Dick Grayson Batman from the aforementioned Grant Morrison Batman run/Scott Snyder's Batman: The Black Mirror.

has there been a Grayson Batman figure? would love to have one!

On 4/20/2022 at 5:23 AM, The Natural said:

I hate the new windowless boxes. You can't display the figure, can't check if there's any flaws to it and some may exploit the box by putting something else in. This sucks.

agreed that windowless boxes are a terrible idea.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, twiztor said:

has there been a Grayson Batman figure? would love to have one!

agreed that windowless boxes are a terrible idea.

No Dick Grayson/Batman figure but it's one I'd love, bud. Thanks for agreeing with me that windowless boxes are terrible. It's pissed people off.

• Like 1

It's weird that they aren't doing the Black Panther re-releases ("Marvel Studios Legacy Collection") in the windowless boxes. Maybe it's only actual new figures? Either way, I don't mind it, since I'm a let 'em breathe type of guy, but I can see why people would be upset about it.

Oh, and an update: I completed my Kotobukiya X-Men Animated Series statue collection. Well, except the Phoenix, but that's not Jean Grey, so I won't be getting it. Since I last posted in here, I've gotten the rest of those figures, bought a ton of Spawn figures from the mid to late 2000s (just the female characters), and dipped my toe into the Funko world with a jumbo Zombie Magneto.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may sound kinda crazy, but I just moved from a 980 sq foot townhouse to a 2100 sq foot townhouse partially because I was running out of room in the smaller place for all my collectibles. I'm still in the process of getting bookcases together and getting everything up, but I started with my big bookcases. With more space, I can not only see the figures better, but I'll be able to spread them out on the shelves. I didn't realize I had so many Shredder collectibles, apparently I like Shredder a lot.

Spoiler

Nm9HV7D.jpg

• Like 3

On 7/1/2022 at 2:24 AM, Kevin Wilson said:

This may sound kinda crazy, but I just moved from a 980 sq foot townhouse to a 2100 sq foot townhouse partially because I was running out of room in the smaller place for all my collectibles. I'm still in the process of getting bookcases together and getting everything up, but I started with my big bookcases. With more space, I can not only see the figures better, but I'll be able to spread them out on the shelves. I didn't realize I had so many Shredder collectibles, apparently I like Shredder a lot.

what is the figure in the top right of your picture? it looks pretty cool but i can't find a way to get a zoomed in pic?

2 hours ago, twiztor said:

what is the figure in the top right of your picture? it looks pretty cool but i can't find a way to get a zoomed in pic?

The upper mostest top right is a Tremortusk statue from the Horizon Forbidden West Regalla Edition. Its stupid big. Should be able to zoom in if you go straight to the image link, unless things are weird on mobile.  https://i.imgur.com/Nm9HV7D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/6/2022 at 6:21 PM, odessasteps said:

Presumably he meant ECW unless Raven wore in WCW too.

You can only barely see it, but he's actually wearing it on the cover of the WCW/nWo Revenge video game.

• 1 month later...

AEOsTZ3.jpg

found this randomly at the store today. had to have it. fun to put together and looks pretty great. wish it came with a robin minifig, but oh well.
edit: adding a new pic. i grabbed a Robin figure online. Most likely bootleg, since that figure was only available in one of the big sets, so goes for way too much money solo. don't care. i'm happy with it.

atomic batteries to power. turbines to speed.

Edited by twiztor
  • Like 3