DVDVR Message Board

Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles!

rogue-1_4.jpg

I got this today while I was at a local video game/comic shop. Only $50! They'd had it for awhile, hella dust on the box, so it was marked down by 50%. Now I want the full set. I'm actually really impressed with these - easy to put together, has some weight to them, and they look just like the cartoon versions.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

F5432_Wolverine_Front_FullOffering_2000x
F5432F_1024x1024.jpg?v=1634755852

the box is stylized after a VHS tape. There’s also a Jubilee figure too, with more probably announced in the future. It’s Marvel Legends X-Men figures based off the cartoon from the 90s.

Already placed my preorder (May 2022, ughhhhh).

• Like 1

Ah, fuck, Hasbro Pulse just put up a Mr. Sinister retro Legends in the style of the X-Men Animated Series, complete with VHS box packaging. There's another $30+ down the drain. Goddamnit.

Between this, Junkshopdog releasing a Bull Nakano figure, and Chella Toys doing Gangrel & Luna Vachon... fuuuuuck. I shouldn't spend this much money on action figures.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm three statues away from completing my Kotobukiya X-Men TAS collection after trying to find all of them for decent to good prices online. One of them (Jean Grey as the Phoenix) is available, like, everywhere and for a decent price. But Storm & Bishop? Cheapest I can find is an eBay listing that just went up yesterday or today, for like $170 plus shipping and tax. Fuckin' bullshit, man. And I'm stuck using eBay since no retail sites actually have the 2-pack in stock anymore.

Other pick-ups:

I found a real cheap, loose figure of the DC Direct Elseworlds: Red Son Superman. Weirdly, there are actually three versions of this character, and two of them are the same mold and everything, but missing the Sickle & Hammer for the USSR flag. So I was stoked to find the version with the actual flag for less than $10. I got a 12" Angela figure (actually from the 90s!), complete in box. And a loose ML Angela finally. I'm thinking about grabbing Tiffany II from the Spawn Classics line, which is like two decades old or something. I'm just a big fan of Angela and all of the lore surrounding her. And got some other stuff like a Marvel Select Black Cat, ML Retro Dr. Doom on the F4 card with the white mailer box, the Hasbro Pulse ML Retro 3.75 two-pack w/ Wolverine & Jean Grey and a ML Ms. Marvel (NOT the Gamerverse version).

Between this, buying a lot of trade paperbacks and omnibus collections, and my monthly bills... I need a second job. Not really, but man am I spending a lot of money lately.

• Like 1