DVDVR Message Board

Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/12/2019 at 11:14 PM, twiztor said:

this may seem like an obvious question, but did they ever make a Human Torch (Jim Hammond) figure? on a quick look, i'm only turning up Johnny Storm. 

To my knowledge, no. Seems a curious oversight as prominently as he's been featured over the years. I'll still admit to being very pleasantly surprised that they made a Destroyer figure. I guess they figure that no one would differentiate the Hammond figure from Johnny Storm with a beard.  Which I'll admit begs the question, if your superpower is turning into a living flame, how is it that you have head and facial hair? Just sayin'...  That's almost on the Jay Garrick helmet level of poorly thought out; (need I point out that if your power is running super fast there's no way in hell that thing is staying on your head.)

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2018 at 8:31 AM, OSJ said:

Sometimes I feel a bit sad that I was too old to get into the whole Transformers thing when it came around. Then I see some of the prices and am damn glad I missed out, it would be just another thing for me to squander money on... ?  As it is, I won the Stingray figure, so I now have the most useless member of the Avengers ever for my collection (granted, he had maybe the coolest costume ever). Underwater, he could hold his own against anyone, Namor, Tiger Shark, didn't matter... Once on land, well, he's a damn fine marine biologist...

saw this tweet and thought of you, OSJ.

Edited by twiztor
embedding error

On 9/24/2019 at 12:44 PM, twiztor said:

saw this tweet and thought of you, OSJ.

So fucking true... Thanks for posting this, I always knew Gail had excellent taste. 

• 2 months later...

Well, my 7 inch Predator Elder (Golden Angel) arrived yesterday and is pretty damn cool, well worth the forty bucks. My only complaint is that if you are going to make a figure this detailed and cool,  why can you not give him articulated hands so that he may grasp his weapons properly? I know, he's just for display on my desk so it's a job for superglue, but still, for forty bucks you can't give him hands that close? Cheapass motherfuckers.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked up that Wonder Woman and it's pretty fucking awesome. 

I've been thinking about getting into statue collecting, but it's always felt way to pricey for me. Sideshow has some payment plan options that make it significantly more manageable. 

kinda thinking of this one:

spider-man-and-mary-jane_marvel_gallery_

• 2 weeks later...

I love statues but they're definitely pricey. I primarily collect the Batman Black & White line. Got between a dozen and 20 right now, can't remember the exact amount. Bigger statues I'm fussier on, but I have a decent few. 

At some point I gotta actually photograph my nonsense again. I did so at my previous house but it's been a while and I have more now (though not everything from the last place is on display)

• Like 1

Only one I have is a bust of Giant-man and the Wasp; that will do... Now if you want to talk action figures (custom and factory) that's a whole different story...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...