DVDVR Message Board

Action Figures, Statues, Collectibles!

Has anyone ordered from Plaza Japan before? From my limited research, they have the most Mafex figures at a good price (well, minus shipping). I'm open to ideas, other than eBay, on where to get Mafex stuff in the states, though. I mean, eBay bidders pending, I'm close to getting Wolverine & Cyclops, but I really want others like Magneto and Psylocke and Miles Morales, etc.

On 3/10/2021 at 6:54 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

These look cool.. I currently only own some wrestling figures (never take them out the box) but id consider these for the right price 

I never take my Batman figures and Funko POP out of the box either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

I never take my Batman figures and Funko POP out of the box either.

117879332_10157647232608862_865243473906

134369945_10157946561003862_596857249964

I LOVE Batman and especially seek out Batman: The Animated Series merchandise, @Niners Fan in CT. The red card Batman from Batman: The Animated Series I bought in June of 2016 and I put the Joker back. I was pissed at myself for doing so as the shop never got the Joker back. Every time I looked at my Batman, I cursed myself for not buying the Joker. My friend who is more like a brother to me bid on my behalf on eBay for the Joker red card from Batman: The Animated Series in August 2020, a brand new item and we won! I pre-ordered the Batman and the Joker Batman: The Adventures Continue orange carded figures back in May last year but with them getting delayed a few times and DC Direct going under, I thought we'd get our money back as the order wouldn't be fulfilled. At the same time my dear friend ordered Harley Quinn and I got my hands on them in November/December 2020!

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Great collection @The Naturali started collecting the Elite Series WWE figures from Mattel (i have The Ultimate Warrior WM12 figure on the way soon) and i also bought some AEW figures.  i currently have Rey Fenix and Penta. 

Cheers, @Niners Fan in CT. Great you have a collection of your own made up of Elite Series WWE Figures and AEW Figures. I don't have any wrestling figures. Have to keep any eye out for who, else but the GOAT, Daniel Bryan!

• Like 2

On 3/11/2021 at 7:03 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

Great collection @The Naturali started collecting the Elite Series WWE figures from Mattel (i have The Ultimate Warrior WM12 figure on the way soon) and i also bought some AEW figures.  i currently have Rey Fenix and Penta. 

There's an action figure of Penta? Take my money now! I will admit to being the guy that takes his figures out of the box/card/what-have-you  so that they may be strategically displayed around the office. As much as I try to expand to the living room (where there's SO MUCH shelving), Kathy's having none of it. :-( . Oh well, I remember a time when books (other than those on the nightstand) were not allowed in the bedroom and now there are three bookshelfs in there, so it is just a matter of patience and picking your spots (like now, when she's bought this wheeled planter so the fake bonsai can be wheeled in and out of the living room based on the amount of sunlight available). Yeah, if we're to have so many plants in the living room that it looks like a fucking jungle and the cats don't bother with going outside because as far as they're concerned they are outside it certainly won't hurt to add some action figures to the mix...

Photo to come later, but having sold off my personal set of the first 18 Axolotl Press books (red-leather bound contributor copies) and the dozen Silver Salamander Press leather-bound Copy #1 of 50 bound thusly for a cool $10K, it is time to reorganize the office. Now that I've emptied half a shelving unit, I will move the Masters of Science Fiction series (my own personal imprint at Centipede Press) and the relevant volumes of Masters of the Weird Tale to the currently empty shelves. Soon to be filled with:

Fritz Leiber - MOSF

Fritz Leiber - MOTWT (2 Volumes)

Richard Wilson - MOSF

Kate Wilhelm - MOSF (2 Volumes)

Jack Dann - MOSF

Lisa Tuttle - MOTWT

Ramsey Campbell - MOTWT (2 Volumes)

Frank Belknap Long - MOTWT 

Frank Belknap Long - MOSF

David Case - MOTWT

George Zebrowski - MOSF

Silvia Moreno-Garcia - MOTWT

Carl Jacobi - MOTWT

Robert Sheckley - MOOSF

Albert Cowdrey - MOSF

Damn, I didn't realize that I'd done so many books... ?

Also found the display case that I had made for my custom action figures, they don't all fit, so I'm leaving the MLJ and Fawcett figures in the bedroom. What I have on this unit:

Top of unit: Bushmaster, Scorpion, Death Adder (all custom guys with long tails) Red Skull (skinny guy sans tail, group needs a mastermind)

Top Row in Case: Whirlwind, Original Powerman, Unicorn, Basilisk (all custom), Spymaster (for some reason I think he's custom, but sure looks factory to me. Lastly Blizzard, factory.

Second Row Masters of Evil sans Zemo: Black Knight, Executioner, Enchantress, Radioactive Man, Melter (all custom)

Third Row: Tiger Shark, Red Guardian (male), Batroc, Scarecrow, Original Plant-Man (all custom, Tiger Shark thoughtfully reflects 7ft height.

Bottom Row Grim Reaper not sure as to origin), Living Laser (original) Speed Demon, Kang (factory), Daiken, (custom), and finally; Zemo (custom)

No room for Eel, Klaw, (both factory). Need to replace Blackout and Cobra both are pretty feeble characters, but look cool as  fuck, both figures severely damaged by Spike and Arya dragging them off the shelf and chewing on them. I have most of the male figures in the Serpent Society, but they are strategically placed throughout the ofice. Anyway, got to finish an introduction, then time for some photos.

• Like 2