DVDVR Message Board

WWE UK TV Series Officially Announced

RIPPA

26 minutes ago, EVA said:

I feel like it's not a great sign for the show that literally no one here had anything to say about the tournament.

I only watched the six man tag and the final. Only so much wrestling a man can watch. But yeah, not a good sign when a big tourney like this isn’t something I feel is a priority. 

41 minutes ago, EVA said:

I feel like it's not a great sign for the show that literally no one here had anything to say about the tournament.

I watched it and it was fine. Maybe it's because I've seen more Progress now so it didn't feel as special or maybe it's the lack of star power (Zack Gibson and Travis Banks are good but they aren't Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate good, as shown by the fact that I couldn't remember which guy was which) but it just wasn't anything to write home about. I think the show will be better though.

5 hours ago, EVA said:

I talked about the first day in the actual tournament page. It was a weaker tournament than the first one. The lack of Dunne or Bate and Gallagher not going all out hurt. The six-man tag or final itself between Bank and Gibson were easily the best matches.

I just finished the second day which was significantly better than the first. Killer Kelly & Morgan had a good showcase. Wolfgang/Cole was probably the weakest match and was still solid. The 4-way with Dar's return was nice. Dream/EC3 vs. Black/Riccochet was fun. The tag titles match was great. Shayna/Toni was damn good. Dunne/Gibson was great. Gibson showed more here than he did the entire tournament. Its between the tag titles match and Dunne/Gibson for MOTN though my favorite match might have actually been Shayna/Toni.

It doesn't help that they released the shows to the network during the early afternoons of Monday-Tuesday. Last year's tournament was done on the weekend, which gave people more of a chance to watch. I get it being released in a way so UK fans could watch in prime time, regardless of the day. Still, this tournament felt like an afterthought, surprising since it was put together to announce the  division. Someone forgot about the World Cup being the big sporting event right now, it seems.

Didn't watch the first day, what I saw of the second day was fine. Kelly vs Morgan was a bit slow but overall solid. Cole vs Wolfgang did noting for me. The Fatal 4-way felt short but crisp. Baszler vs Storm was really good and the Black/Ricochet vs Dream/EC3 tag was a blast. Dunne vs Gibson was strong, but didn't hold my attention that much.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Burgundy LaRue said:

Someone forgot about the World Cup being the big sporting event right now, it seems.

As mentioned - they taped the first day on the same day of England's first World Cup game

But they wanted to beat ITV to the punch

• 3 weeks later...

By Mike Johnson on 2018-07-17 09:00:00
The NXT UK brand will hold its first TV tapings next week with tapings on 7/28 and 7/29 at the Corn Exchange in Cambridge, England.

Advertised for the tapings are WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews, Trent Seven, Tyler Bate and more.

PWInsider.com has confirmed that Noam Dar, Nixon Newell and Dakota Kai, among others, are also scheduled for the tapings.

• 2 weeks later...

Day One of tapings

Spoiler

Here are results from the first set of NXT UK tapings which took place in Cambridge, England:

- Dark match: Ligero defeated James Drake

Ligero won after a springboard DDT.

- Joe Coffey defeated Mark Andrews

Coffey pinned Andrews after a spinning lariat. Mark Coffey, who seconded his brother, got involved after the match. Flash Morgan Webster came in and made the save.

- Toni Storm defeated Nina Samuels

Storm won the match with a backbreaker.

Moustache Mountain came out for a promo. They want the NXT UK tag team titles, but need other teams to come in first. 

- Dave Mastiff defeated Sid Scala

Mastiff won after a rolling turnbuckle backflip.

WWE UK GM Johnny Saint came out to introduce the next match...

- Pete Dunne defeated Noam Dar to retain the WWE UK title

Dunne pinned Dar with the Bitter End to retain.

- Kenny Williams and Joseph Conners went to a no contest

The match was stopped when Conners was knocked out by a William head kick over the top rope. He did get up and walk out with the help of officials.

- Dakota Kai defeated Killer Kelly

Kai won after a sunset flip pin following some turnbuckle kicks. After the match, she made clear that she wanted a shot at the NXT UK women’s title.

- Ashton Smith defeated Tucker

Smith defeated Tucker after a DDT.

- Trent Seven defeated Saxon Huxley

Seven pinned Huxley after the Seven Stars lariat.

- Flash Morgan Webster defeated Mark Coffey

Webster won with an armbar pin. Mark Andrews and Travis Banks came in for the save after Joe Coffey got involved.

- Tyler Bate defeated Wolfgang

Bate picked up the win after the Tyler Driver.

- Danny Burch defeated Sam Gradwell

Burch defeated Gradwell after the Tower of London. He then challenged Dunne to a title match.

- Zack Gibson defeated Noam Dar

Gibson defeated Dar by submission with the helter skelter.

• Like 1

Day 2 of tapings

- Dark Match: Killer Kelly def. Millie McKenzie

Kelly won with a Dragon Sleeper.

- Ligero def. Mike Hitchman

Ligero won with a springboard tornado DDT.

- Moustache Mountain def. Saxon Huxley & Sam Gradwell

Tyler Bate got the pin after the springboard into a clothesline.

- Isla Dawn def. Nina Samuels

In a backstage segment, Travis Banks was found laid out after an attack.

- Mark Andrews def. Wolfgang

Andrews won with a Stundog Millionaire which was followed by a shooting star press. Post match, the Coffey Brothers attacked Andrews. Flash Morgan Webster ran out to help, but Wolfgang turned heel and attacked him instead.

- Jordan Devlin def. Tucker

- Zack Gibson def. Amir Jordan

Gibson submitted him with the Shankley Gates. Post match, Trent Seven confronted Gibson and challenged him. However, Gibson just ignored him and walked away. 

- Dave Mastiff def. Chief Deputy Dunne

Mastiff won following a cannonball in a short squash.

- Ligero def. James Drake

Ligero won after a springboard tornado DDT.

- Ashton Smith came out for a match, but the Coffey Brothers & Wolfgang attack him. This set up a six-man tag for later on.

- Eddie Dennis def. Sid Scala

During the match, the crowd chanted “We want Andrews”.

- Jordan Devlin def. Kenny Williams

- Toni Storm def. Dakota Kai

Post match, Jinny ran out and attacked Kai.

- The Coffey Brothers & Wolfgang def. Mark Andrews, Flash Morgan Webster & Ashton Smith

Joe Coffey pinned Webster after a discus lariat.

- NXT UK Champion Pete Dunne submitted Danny Burch

Bring on that main event

WWE has announced that UK guys can't work shows 7 days prior (or sooner) than their WWE dates

Southside Wrestling announced they had to pull Joseph Conners and Dan Moloney off their 8/9 show

I think this is due to someone (Mark Andrews? I am guessing on who it was) getting hurt on a show right before a taping

• 3 weeks later...

If it airs before or during

Spoiler

I think its a safe bet that Toni isn't winning. Weirdly enough though her winning also potentially spoils the MYC Final winner as well since there is now way in hell she gets both.

There is no way it’s airing before the MYC since they still haven’t aired the stuff from the first tapings.

The “will it ever air” question is where you are on the money

7 hours ago, Casey said:

The first NXT UK Women's Champion is...

Hide contents

Rhea Ripley!

Had a feeling this would happen. MYC spoilers>

Spoiler

I think it would have been Tegan Nox had she not been injured. It was never going to be Toni with her going to the MYC finals.