WWE UK TV Series Officially Announced

RIPPA

7 hours ago, Casey said:

The first NXT UK Women's Champion is...

Hide contents

Rhea Ripley!

Had a feeling this would happen. MYC spoilers>

Spoiler

I think it would have been Tegan Nox had she not been injured. It was never going to be Toni with her going to the MYC finals.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Okay that makes sense,  they want to stream it at 8pm for the British fans.  We'll have to settle for watching it on-demand unless I make it home before 3 every Wednesday but unlikely.

Assuming nothing breaks at my work I could just pull it up and watch it on the phone.  That's what I did for Takeover London and that worked out quite well for me. And it oddly might guarantee I catch it in real time unlike other shows at 8 where I tend to catch up on a backlog of shows and games by then.

• Like 1

Loved the first show. So refreshing to see WWE shows in distinct environments. Hope NXT UK only tapes in cool looking venues like this...although it was awkward looking when Moustache Mountain had to cut their promo facing the hard cam and not the live audience (but the did a pretty good job engaging with the crowd)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Justin877 said:

My day was made when I saw "Big" Dave Mastiff wailing on some little dude.  

OH, that reminds me.. it was fucking awesome for the camera following Mastiff down to the ring to shake with every step he took. It's the little things like that that make a huge difference to me. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

This is a mixed bag so far. There's been a fair few characters who feel hokey or not exactly TV-ready. The Coffey's are decent heels and I dislike Wolfgang for reasons I can't exactly explain, so they make a decent faction. Thought James Drake seemed better than in the UK tournament. The main event between Dunne and Burch was good stuff.

Weirdly enough the thing that made the biggest impression on me so far was the Jinny promo. That looked great. Loved the 'Vogue'-esque graphics. Compare that to most depictions of "fashionable" women throughout wrestling history.

Just caught up. The two episodes a week thing may be just a bit much. Hopefully it doesn't last too long.

Toni/Kai was fun while it lasted. I like all the promos for Jinny.

I was a bit worried about the Coffeys since they didn't interest me much in their singles matches, but Wolfgang joining them and that six-man tag on the latest episode alleviated a of my worries. Hope they actually come up with a team name soon.

I'm still not all in on Gibson in ring wise, but he is a solid heel. I did dig the match with Jordan.

Dunne/Burch was great.