DVDVR Message Board

WWE2K19.

On 10/15/2018 at 9:46 AM, J.T. said:

*looks at calendar*

Fuck.....  that's right.. I'm picking up RDR2 with next Thursday's paycheck..

I'm a fool but that didn't stop me - I picked it up tonight.  

I'll just go out one less night this weekend.  $60 is only like dinner and a couple beers.  That's what I'm telling myself at least.  

On 10/11/2018 at 5:34 PM, Craig H said:

I'm now through the WM30 main event in the Showcase mode. I have to say, this is really well done. The whole mode is very good because it's like a giant tutorial. I've learned more from playing it than anything else. 

That's actually a really good way to think of Showcase mode.  I started playing these on easy a few years ago and it makes them such an entertaining breeze and really does teach you all the core mechanics of the game. 

As much as I love playing on hard, I don't need Randy Orton taking down my tables for half an hour straight when my objective is to put him through one.  

I'm unfortunately stuck on showcase and one of the towers.  I can't do submissions to save my life and even after beating the fuck out of them can't seem to get it.  I tried both methods with no luck so unless I somehow get good at it I'll have to do other aspects of the game.  That said career mode is pretty darn fun and so much more enjoyable than last year.

5 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm unfortunately stuck on showcase and one of the towers.  I can't do submissions to save my life and even after beating the fuck out of them can't seem to get it.  I tried both methods with no luck so unless I somehow get good at it I'll have to do other aspects of the game.  That said career mode is pretty darn fun and so much more enjoyable than last year.

I've run into the same issue on one of the towers.  I switched to the button mini-game and didn't have any issues in Showcase mode on easy, but even doing the easy women's tower and I can't submit Paige no matter what.  Was playing with Becky Lynch and probably got the disarmher on a dozen times but really couldn't even get close to a submission.  

• Like 1

It's one of the more baffling changes they've done with the series.  Button mashing the four buttons is much preferrable to mashing particular buttons at a time.  Even if you do it fast enough it's still hopeless.  The last time I tried it was at full stamina and the opponent's damage color was I think grey.  That indicates they're practically dead and it should be easy enough to submit.  But it kept quickly going to escape and at that point I just gave up.

It seemed like the only way to get a submission would be to anticipate the button that was coming next, but as far as I can tell there's no pattern to it so it's purely just a guess.  The closest I got to a submission was guessing the correct 1st and 2nd buttons to get like 75% of the way there but then it plummeted after that.  

I really wish they'd just allow an Auto option for pins and submissions instead of having distracting minigames. In my experience the simmed matches usually have a better sense of damage progression for subs and near falls than played matches, where you can often repeatedly fail to submit someone who's clearly dead but also repeatedly kick out of big moves at 1 late in a match.

I'd rather be pleasantly surprised that my guy kicks out of a late match finisher rather than being like "ah whatever, guess I'm burning my Resiliency on that one"

Its also impossible to balance the minigames so that a large % of the player base don't find them either trivially easy or match-ruiningly inconsistent

Started Universe over and this time in NXT, and it's a lot more fun facing different people.  

"Magnificent" Michael Simon feuded briefly with Adam Cole over the NXT North American title, winning the title at Takeover after recruiting Zelina Vega to counter the Undisputed Era at ringside.  On the next NXT weekly TV, Almas returned to NXT, and Simon helped him win the NXT title from Aleister Black, forming The Cartel.  They also quickly picked up the NXT tag team title over The Revival.. thanks to Zelina assisting on a triple powerbomb.  (Wasn't expecting that - she was ejected but not disqualified.  Tag team finisher found.)

On top of that, Simon decided his North American title wasn't worldly enough, and replaced it with the _South_ American championship.

YXNMHNC.png

s4HHWiu.png

He also went full Tony Montana/Razor Ramon with the gear.  Gotta match in a tag team, after all.

• Like 2

I found the easiest way to do that was just to set one up outside the ring, then whip him over the ropes, run at him and shoulder block him off the apron into the table.  Saves all the hassle of the touchy table controls.  

Found a hilarious glitch last night while playing an 8-man tag. I was playing as Eddie, and the AI was Andre. Andre was crawling over to his corner to make the hot tag to Piper, but I ran over and knocked Piper off the apron a split second before the tag. The game still counted the hot tag, but since there was no one on the apron to tag in, it just meant that Andre had tagged out. So there was literally no legal man for the computer's team. I tried dragging opponents into the ring and pinning them, but the ref wouldn't count the pins. Then I tried attacking the ref to at least end the match on a DQ, but he wouldn't DQ me.  At one point, Eddie was in the center of the ring by himself, all four members of Andre's team were just standing on the apron by their corner, and my three teammates had jumped off the apron and were standing around ringside looking at each other like they didn't know what to do. I eventually just climbed out of the ring and let the ref count me out, but it ended up getting ruled as a draw.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

Found a hilarious glitch last night while playing an 8-man tag. I was playing as Eddie, and the AI was Andre. Andre was crawling over to his corner to make the hot tag to Piper, but I ran over and knocked Piper off the apron a split second before the tag. The game still counted the hot tag, but since there was no one on the apron to tag in, it just meant that Andre had tagged out. So there was literally no legal man for the computer's team. I tried dragging opponents into the ring and pinning them, but the ref wouldn't count the pins. Then I tried attacking the ref to at least end the match on a DQ, but he wouldn't DQ me.  At one point, Eddie was in the center of the ring by himself, all four members of Andre's team were just standing on the apron by their corner, and my three teammates had jumped off the apron and were standing around ringside looking at each other like they didn't know what to do. I eventually just climbed out of the ring and let the ref count me out, but it ended up getting ruled as a draw.

I live for these. I have some awesome ones from last year's game I have to share soon but they're on someone else's x box. 

Does anyone here know how to get rid of the nameplates on certain belts in create a championship? I feel like you used to be able to but I can't figure it out at all. I want to make a set of Cruiserweight tag titles based on the old WCW cruiser belt but that f'ing thing is right there in the middle of it.

4 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Does anyone here know how to get rid of the nameplates on certain belts in create a championship? I feel like you used to be able to but I can't figure it out at all. I want to make a set of Cruiserweight tag titles based on the old WCW cruiser belt but that f'ing thing is right there in the middle of it.

I don't think you can. I think you can only modify colors on the preset championships. You may need to recreate it from scratch using the seperate parts.

• 2 weeks later...

I like the Towers mode. Did the IIconics/Absolution one earlier as Kairi Sane, and the final match was a bitch. I had been winning all of them with around 12 minutes to spare - the submission match with Paige was frustrating and in the end I had about 3 minutes left. Her legs were in the grey condition and it still took about 4 tries with Kairi’s submission finisher to get Paige to tap out. It was really fun, though.

Career mode is fun this year, but I still hate constantly updating your moveset and stuff. I don’t even know if I’ll complete it, much like the previous years installments.

I started a Universe mode - simmed to Survivor Series, got all the rosters and alignments synced to current day WWE, edited the card to reflect the actual card on Sunday... and had a banger of an opening match between AoP/The Bar. 5 stars, lasted at least 20 or 25 minutes. Started Nakamura/Rollins and then my power went out. I’ve been playing for like 6 hours at this point, so it’s probsbly time to get some sleep anyway.

So far, the Towers mode alone makes this year’s version far superior to the previous years.