DVDVR Message Board

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC 2018

RIPPA

21 hours ago, Jamal said:

Would love to see Madison Eagles in one of the "vet spots". She and Deonna had a good series of matches against one another in Shimmer. 

Co-signed on that one. One of the best ever IMO. Her Shimmer title run was the best and peak of the company.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I believe Meiko herself said something about it not being decided yet so it sounds like its not a done deal and Tokyo Sports maybe jumped the gun. I was really hoping her and/or Aja would be in last year's tournament so I really hope it happens.

On 6/14/2018 at 10:06 AM, Overly Critical Man said:

Sorry, but work may have to be pants-free today.

This is the first time I remember where going pants-free with news about a female wrestler has no dirty thoughts/meaning behind it.  I take that as a good thing.  And for all the love Meiko gets it sounds like I need to check out some of her matches.

So if Io is coming to WWE and now likely Meiko how gutted will Stardom be?  Those are some big names and while I admit to not following them I don't know who else can take the top spot there.

I wouldn’t be too sure Meiko is signed to WWE just yet. She’s one of my favourites and I hope she gets a shot but she’s already 38, works crazy stiff, and has more of a Toshiaki Kawada-like presence more than the charisma of someone like Asuka or Kairi Sane. If the MYC really is to celebrate women’s wrestling around the world and not just tryout new signees, they could give the win to a talented outsider and Meiko fits that perfectly.

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

This is the first time I remember where going pants-free with news about a female wrestler has no dirty thoughts/meaning behind it.  I take that as a good thing.  And for all the love Meiko gets it sounds like I need to check out some of her matches.

So if Io is coming to WWE and now likely Meiko how gutted will Stardom be?  Those are some big names and while I admit to not following them I don't know who else can take the top spot there.

Meiko has worked for Stardom in the past, but not exclusively and not anytime recently. She has her own promotion Sendai Girls that she runs, but the roster there looks just fine with the emergence of some of their younger talents as breakout stars.

As for Stardom... *shrug*

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Godfrey said:

I wouldn’t be too sure Meiko is signed to WWE just yet. She’s one of my favourites and I hope she gets a shot but she’s already 38, works crazy stiff, and has more of a Toshiaki Kawada-like presence more than the charisma of someone like Asuka or Kairi Sane. If the MYC really is to celebrate women’s wrestling around the world and not just tryout new signees, they could give the win to a talented outsider and Meiko fits that perfectly.

I literally have seen nobody even suggest Meiko might have signed. Everybody assumes she's is only in for the MYC.

11 minutes ago, Norwegian Rudo said:

I literally have seen nobody even suggest Meiko might have signed. Everybody assumes she's is only in for the MYC.

Maybe I misinterpreted, but check the post right before mine. "Going to WWE" implies signing to me.

5 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Its just for the MYC. Stardom is fine. they have a good sized roster and 3-4 very talented women stepping up to eventually take the top positions in the coming years. You should check out Io's matches with Momo Watanabe from this year. They are great.

For Meiko you should check out her matches with kairi, Io, Aja Kong, & Chihiro Hashimoto.

• Thanks 1

On 6/15/2018 at 6:51 PM, Eivion said:

Its just for the MYC. Stardom is fine. they have a good sized roster and 3-4 very talented women stepping up to eventually take the top positions in the coming years. You should check out Io's matches with Momo Watanabe from this year. They are great.

For Meiko you should check out her matches with kairi, Io, Aja Kong, & Chihiro Hashimoto.

Thanks for the tips, I'll be sure to check those out.

WWE sent out a release again confirming the dates (Aug 8 & 9) and that tickets go on sale tomorrow (June 21)

It will be 32 women again with a note saying 12 different countries will be represented

Bored at work so I made a quick wishlist:

NXT girls:

Taynara Conti

Vanessa Borne

Kacy Catanzaro

Rhea Ripley

Tegan Nox (Nixon Newell)

Deonna Purrazzo

Io Shirai

Toni Storm (NXT UK)

Jinny (NXT UK)

Returnees:

Jazzy Gabert

Mia Yim

Nicole Savoy

Rachael Ellering

Tessa Blanchard

Veterans:

Molly Holly (working King Of Trios)

Madison Eagles

Indie wrestlers: (concentrated on young talents who I would love to see get signed)

Jordynne Grace

Kylie Ray

Shotzi Blackheart

Kikyo

Kellyanne

Delilah Doom

Willow Nightengale

Free Agents (?):

Meiko Satomura

Chelsea Green (Lucha Underground contract?)

Allie/Cherry Bomb (Impact contract rumoured to be up)

5 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Why?

Because it's doubtful in a video where only 4 women were featured - two of them wouldn't be in the tournament

If they were only action shots I would be doubtful it meant much, but they're also featured in "glamour" shots at the end. I'd say they're probably in.

Not really about the MYC, but someone to keep your eye on is AQA, or Angela, from Reality of Wrestling. She debuted only a few months ago, and had a really good match on the most recent TV show. It's the first match on the show:

I hate to say it because it's such a cliche about black athletes, but she's super athletic and also shows a lot of skill for such a green wrestler.

Since a couple of people posted hoping LuFisto would be in it this time - she announced on Facebook that she is having surgery again and basically can't wrestle for at least the rest of the summer if not longer.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:35 AM, nofuture said:

So Tokyo Sport is reporting that Meiko Satomura will be part of the MYC.

WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY PANTS~?