DVDVR Message Board

Lana Day? Pancake Shame? I suck at this, I shouldn't start these - SDL- 5/22/18

GodzillaPerez

Daniel Bryan's dragon screws and heel hooks look very hurty. Wish Usos vs Good Brothers got more time. Kofi springing off of Cesaro was pretty nuts. Sonya is pretty damn tough and I can't wait for Bryan vs Joe next week.

Oh and Kevin Bennett from SMASH wrestling did a great job getting the shit kicked out of him by Almas.

I always have a great time at live shows so I'd probably feel differently if I was at home but I thought it was a pretty good show.  The Nakamura and AJ Styles brawl was cool I thought they were going to spill right over to us and I had a good time watching Hardy vs. Bryan.   

Carmella fought Becky Lynch in a dark match people were still filing in but mostly into it.  It was a solid match too.  I think Carmella is starting to get over some.  

The AJ vs Nak segment was great. 

On one hand starting the feud at Wrestlemania and having something to build in the post Mania season is a good idea. But if they had started this build in December, the Mania match would have been much better. 

The Iconics are good at being irritating and you wanting to see them get beat. 

• Like 2

The stuff with Lana and the IIconics went about as perfect as it could. I don't think Lana in a MITB match is a remotely good idea, but that segment was fun. Naomi/Sonya was nice whiel it lasted. I'm glad Naomi is in MITB though its weird that the SDL side is providing no heels.

Usos/Good Brothers was short but sweet while it lasted.

I dug Miz/Big E.

Bryan/Jeff was good stuff. Can't wait for Bryan/Joe.

The Nakamura/AJ segment was good. Nakamura is a glorious dick.

Good episode of SDL this week.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Victator said:

The Iconics are good at being irritating and you wanting to see them get beat. 

"I CAN'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU'RE SAYING!" - correct fan

I knew D-Bry was going to win, no way they'd pass up first time-ever in WWE with Joe. Good overall show. I think Andrade is slowly dying.

The Iiconics are such great irritants. A nice surprise to see Lana win although I was pulling for Billie.

I knew Naomi entering MiTB was a foregone conclusion. I’m assuming she and Ember cook up some crazy spot. I really like Sonya. It’s a shame that she’s just sorta random MMA girl now that Ronda’s there. 

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

If this gets us closer to Vince licencing "Final Countdown" and Bryan bringing his indy "Best in the World" act to WWE, I'm in.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

That Jeff Hardy promo was best promo he or Matt have ever cut.

Exits locker room

HaHAY WOOOOOOOO

we're going to scorch your cerebrum

I'M TAKING FLLLIGHT!

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, GodzillaPerez said:

Daniel Bryan's dragon screws and heel hooks look very hurty. Wish Usos vs Good Brothers got more time. Kofi springing off of Cesaro was pretty nuts. Sonya is pretty damn tough and I can't wait for Bryan vs Joe next week.

Oh and Kevin Bennett from SMASH wrestling did a great job getting the shit kicked out of him by Almas.

In regards to your title... To quote noted raconteur, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson...  "You are absolutely right. You do suck."  

Live with your shame with a shiny new title. 

(This will teach me I shouldn't actually try to do something fun on a Tuesday night.)

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Casey said:

The Miz was pretty awful in that MizTV segment.

I loved Miz catching himself in the middle of heeling it up about to say "I don't play video games!", realizing there's dozens of hours of UUDD evidence to the contrary and awkwardly pulling out "I don't play ..... THAT video game!"

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

If this gets us closer to Vince licencing "Final Countdown" and Bryan bringing his indy "Best in the World" act to WWE, I'm in.

Then, maybe we'd finally get Bryan using "I have til 5, referee".

I do wish Bryan would have made some type of reference to their past matches.

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Then, maybe we'd finally get Bryan using "I have til 5, referee".

I do wish Bryan would have made some type of reference to their past matches.

Oooh, I'm down for another dance-off like their PWG match.  (I may be remembering it incorrectly, but I think Bryan tried to goad Joe into a dance-off and he wasn't having it ... maybe Joe's warmed up to the idea over time.)

• Like 1

So Jaff Hardy vs. Daniel Bryan was fucking great. It was cool how Jeff countered Daniel's standard spots with his own standard spots. Like he had studied tape and knew which move he had would be perfect to counter Bryan's. they performed it so well that the audience was buying the idea that he had DB's number. They played off Jeff's knee selling not just in the match but over his tenure in the WWE. Daniel Bryan is showing more viciousness and it's getting him over again with the crowd. He was over before but he was over because "Oh he's back what a sweet story." And now it's like "Oh this guy is dangerous." and the cheers are morphing into something different and more visceral. Loved that they made the Swanton Counter into a nearfall that was totally believable, but didn't feel like overkill with the kickout.

Well balanced bout. One of Jeff's best singles in terms of pacing/execution/psychology. Would love to see a trilogy.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I noticed that too with Bryan. Apparently by new style it's "be as vicious as possible and just kill dudes." I'm totally fine with that. 

Can't wait for Joe vs Bryan. I wonder if they do something special for the WWE audience to let them know what's up.

What's great is that he's still taking the beating, getting sympathy from the crowd, and then instead of the flukie underdog win he pulls something out that murders his opponent. It's like what they've been trying to get Roman Reigns to do, minutes the get sympathy part. 

I'm wondering if they're going in this direction so they can build him for the Lesnar match he wants. 

• Like 2

The look in his eyes after the dragon screw leg whip was awesome. He looked like a killer.

And yeah, I too wondered if he's being built up for his dream match with Lesnar. That would be something else, but I almost hope it doesn't happen. Lesnar was reckless as hell with Cena, dumping him on his head and neck multiple times. I can't imagine how careless he'd be with Bryan given how light Bryan is.

I'd have to go back and watch the AJ vs Lesnar match to see how that went. I can't remember much from it, but at least AJ survived it.