DVDVR Message Board

Rusev In The Bank! - SDL - 5/8/2018

Dolfan in NYC

21 minutes ago, DeathyBoy said:

Plus he’s on SD, so it’s not like an important title is being used. 

At least SDL uses their title...

• Like 4

It's amazing how much I tolerated Cass and thought he'd be alright when he had Enzo with him. Him alone? He fucking sucks. He doesn't even have Enzo writing promos for him so he just sounds like generic big dude #4,293. I bet Vince wishes so hard this big oaf could sound and project like Diesel. Honestly, if Cass were even half as good as Nash on the mic he would be a little better because maybe he becomes not a total disaster in the ring.

I don't see this guy getting to that place, but you can bet your ass Vince or Road Dogg are going to shove this 7' tall pile of dog shit straight to the top and you can't teach that.

Cass needs back to NXT and the PC, bad. All he ever had going for him in the ring was being a decent hot tag. He is not good and probably needs more than working with guys better than him, which is all of the SDL roster. I feel sorry for the guy being put out there when it's pretty clear he isn't ready for the push he's getting. 

It was cool seeing Smackdown for once at the Arena instead of Raw, though was saddened by the low turnout.  Upper levels were tarped off and there were empty seats in the lower levels.  Despite that I had a pretty good time.  Hoping it came across well on TV, but the crowd seemed to be into the good stuff.  Hardy/Miz was a pretty good match, dug Charlotte/Peyton and holy sheepshit that Daniel/Rusev match was awesome.  But one thing that terribly concerned me is I guess it was during break but Daniel tried a diving headbutt and missed.  I was mortified that he'd still try it despite what he's been through and am hoping that gets curtailed ASAP.  Still, it was a great match.

I was thrilled to see Becky live but dismayed that Mandy beat her clean.  I could accept if she held the ropes but unless it was a Dana/Bayley situation a clean win just didn't feel right.    And while it shouldn't be that everybody is on the show it seemed like there way too few people.  I looked at the selfie promos and was wondering why somebody like Shelton wasn't having a match.  And I'd have been cool with Joe at least coming out and doing a promo, but I guess after his Roman match they don't know what to do with him.  At least Asuka did a pre-Smackdown match against Sonya that the crowd loved.

After 205 Live it was AJ/Nakamura.  It wasn't much of a match but the remaining crowd was into it.  As soon as Nak hit AJ with a chair people fled for the exits.  I chalk it up to them being tired/having to get home, but if they don't stick around then that's not a promising sign for what they're trying to do with this.  I've been plenty of Raws and it was never like this.

• Like 2

Enzo and Cass were the perfect partners for each other. Enzo runs his mouth, gets beat up, makes the hot tag to Cass who cleans up the mess. Cass isn't believable as an intimidating monster at all. He comes off as a big, lanky doofus in an ill-fitting suit. At least with Enzo, Cass was still a goof, but he was a goof that would stand up for his goofier buddy. If Bryan Danielson can't get something watchable out of you, there is a major problem. The only other big lug I've seen not have something decent with Bryan was Bison Smith in ROH.

It's pretty amazing that out of the Enzo/Cass/Carmella trio that Carmella has become the best out of all of them. 

I'm assuming whoever wrote the IIconics promo is doing it for Cass too because someone sure likes wrestlers talking baby-talk. 

Oh man, the IIconics on the main roster are so insufferable. And not in the good way. In the, get these two fucking idiots off my TV before I change the channel kind of way.

The other thing is that when they talk like this, which they always do, they sound like they're mocking the Australian accent, which is really interesting since they're from Australia. I don't think I've ever see that before where someone sounds like they inadvertently mock the accent of the country they're from.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Oh man, the IIconics on the main roster are so insufferable. And not in the good way. In the, get these two fucking idiots off my TV before I change the channel kind of way.

The other thing is that when they talk like this, which they always do, they sound like they're mocking the Australian accent, which is really interesting since they're from Australia. I don't think I've ever see that before where someone sounds like they inadvertently mock the accent of the country they're from.

I think that Peyton is coming off OK but man ... Billie ...  Good lord. 

Maybe Road Dogg is having flashbacks of being overshadowed by a tag partner named Billy and subconsciously sabotaging her because I don't know what else possibly makes sense. 

• Like 1

They really should have had Cass be Miz's new heater.  Miz needs a stooge and Cass needs a mouthpiece so it would have been a good fit.

I think they're starting to get the idea that audiences are worn out and itching to go home by the end of PPVs (especially since some people mentioned the venue they were in for Backlash is a pain to get out of) and laying them out like they do with Raw.  For a while the actual main event for Raw has been around the 10pm hour where they can still count on a majority of the crowd to be attentive and energetic.  Look at Mania - the mixed tag was the true main event and they stuck that in the middle of the card to ensure the audience would still have some gas in the tank.

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

It's amazing how much I tolerated Cass and thought he'd be alright when he had Enzo with him. Him alone? He fucking sucks. He doesn't even have Enzo writing promos for him so he just sounds like generic big dude #4,293. I bet Vince wishes so hard this big oaf could sound and project like Diesel. Honestly, if Cass were even half as good as Nash on the mic he would be a little better because maybe he becomes not a total disaster in the ring.

I don't see this guy getting to that place, but you can bet your ass Vince or Road Dogg are going to shove this 7' tall pile of dog shit straight to the top and you can't teach that.

During his match against D-Bry, Cass' idea of showing charisma was holding his clenched fist up in the air and mockingly yelling, "booo" at the fans before delivering another clothesline in what was a scintillating series of them. What a heel.