DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is... Ugh, Okay... Over The Moon - 5/7/2018

Dolfan in NYC

7 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I was thinking of who his parallel would be for current WWE but I got nothing. Anybody?

Modern WWE booking style is way too micro-managed and corporate compared to mid 90s WCW to have any weird midcard aberrations that are booked like the toughest guys ever yet are inexplicably never in any title picture, let alone the big one (Norton, Meng, Benoit to a lesser extent). Braun is probably the closest thing they have to a guy like that, but even he is starting to rack up accolades and is poised to win the big one soon enough. WWE for better or worse is usually dead set on making a monster dominant or feeding them to a champ who is. WCW... just kinda let anyone who wasn't deemed worthy of being in Hogan's orbit do their own thing.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Victator said:

Braun and Owens have great chemistry. I would love to see them get to go all out on PPV.

If KO makes it in to the ladder match I'll all but guarantee they'll run the "Braun sprints around the ring to murder KO" spot, only to eat a ladder. 

• Like 1

Looks like Brock will be defending at Summerslam. Besides, I thought he was on a pay per appearance deal through August and potentially longer if WWE wanted to keep it going.