DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

38 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Alexa is the worst best heel.

When I first saw the story I remember thinking "I wonder how long it would take me to find someone on Twitter who was all SHE IS A HEEL! SHE SHOULD HAVE PUNCHED THE GIRL IN THE FACE AND STUFFED A CHEESEBURGER DOWN HER THROAT!!!"

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

When I first saw the story I remember thinking "I wonder how long it would take me to find someone on Twitter who was all SHE IS A HEEL! SHE SHOULD HAVE PUNCHED THE GIRL IN THE FACE AND STUFFED A CHEESEBURGER DOWN HER THROAT!!!"

CornetteFace.jpg

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Kayfabe is dumb.

No its great and the driving force behind the art of pro wrestling. 

The common mistake people make is this idea that a heel would not want to be cheered. The Horsemen had fans at Center Stage and they never went out of their way to insult them. Instead they would use them to get more heat "Its nice to see a few fans with some class."

There is no reason Alexa can't be nice to a kid in her off time and still be a heel. There are lots of real world heels who occasionally do nice things. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

54 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

CornetteFace.jpg

“Double mayo, double onion...motherfucker!”

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Victator said:

No its great and the driving force behind the art of pro wrestling. 

The common mistake people make is this idea that a heel would not want to be cheered. The Horsemen had fans at Center Stage and they never went out of their way to insult them. Instead they would use them to get more heat "Its nice to see a few fans with some class."

There is no reason Alexa can't be nice to a kid in her off time and still be a heel. There are lots of real world heels who occasionally do nice things. 

Kayfabe is dumb because if I'm not watching the show where you're playing a character, I don't want to see you continue that character outside of that show (twitter, interviews, real life interactions, etc). Examples off the top of my head are Rosemary doing interviews for AMBY in character and it's completely cringe-worthy, and "back in the day" when faces would only ride with faces and the same thing for heels. It's just dumb.

You and I have vastly different views on pro wrestling so you already know we aren't going to agree on hardly anything.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Casey said:

Kayfabe is dumb because if I'm not watching the show where you're playing a character, I don't want to see you continue that character outside of that show (twitter, interviews, real life interactions, etc). Examples off the top of my head are Rosemary doing interviews for AMBY in character and it's completely cringe-worthy, and "back in the day" when faces would only ride with faces and the same thing for heels. It's just dumb.

You and I have vastly different views on pro wrestling so you already know we aren't going to agree on hardly anything.

Well that is why wrestling is doing worse than it was thirty years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joseph2112 said:

My problem isn't with the video or the act, but when they show shit like that on Raw that's dumb. 

That has been my deal since 98 when the dumb as shit worked shoots started. I don't care what you do in your outside life and shit its easy enough to explain a lot of stuff like guys riding together. There are people we tolerate in our work lives who we hate. But on the TV show and website, just treat the shit as real. 

Just now, Casey said:

alright Jim.

I mean its a fact. Sorry you missed the good shit. 

• Like 1

No honey, you can actually use math. How many successful wrestling companies are there now vs thirty (well thirty five) years ago. Now whether whats left is as good is subjective. But from a financial view, wrestling is worse off. Even if you count WWE, they make money but have a smaller fan base. 

21 minutes ago, Victator said:

No honey, you can actually use math. How many successful wrestling companies are there now vs thirty (well thirty five) years ago. Now whether whats left is as good is subjective. But from a financial view, wrestling is worse off. Even if you count WWE, they make money but have a smaller fan base. 

All of this started because I said kayfabe was dumb, and you disagreed and said that's why wrestling is doing worse than 30 years ago. You haven't given any other reasons why wrestling today sucks, or whatever your opinion is, so all I'm left to think is that you think the downfall of professional wrestling is because of the lack of kayfabe. We went from talking about the pros (your view) or cons (my view) of kayfabe to you suddenly interjecting financials into this argument.

So, is that it? Wrestling as a whole is "doing worse" than in the 80s or whatever because it's not presented as real anymore? :lol:

13 minutes ago, Casey said:

So, is that it? Wrestling as a whole is "doing worse" than in the 80s or whatever because it's not presented as real anymore? :lol:

Among other things, cute emoji. 

I could go into it more, but I don't think you can handle non binary answers. 

• Haha 1

Before I have to yell at people... but to keep it with the current discussion

I bring that all up because literally the 2nd response

Because if you can't trust blazeofgloryhbk who can you trust?

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Not Satanico. I wouldn't  suggest trusting Satanico.

Duh - why don't you tell me not to tug on Superman's cape and to not spit into the wind while you are at it

I trusted Satanico once, it seems to have turned out alright. If you need me, I have to go beat some technicos with a club.

• Like 3