DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

1 hour ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

Second reaction: "Lol. Did he stomp off to the clubhouse afterwards and hold a meeting of the He-Man Woman-Haters Club to complain about wimmen?"

(That's an Our Gang reference.  Google it.  Dang kids.  Get off my lawn)

Is there anyone on here young enough to not know Our Gang and the Little Rascals? I'm 37 and remember watching the reruns on WPIX and my mom buying me the VHS tapes as a kid.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Yeah - Gigante never looked scary

7oQJFFq.jpg

Also how the fuck am I just finding out about Gigante vs Nailz in 1994 NJPW

For some reason, that promo pic of El Gigante makes me think of Brendan Fraser in Encino Man.

I wish I could have gone to the grave not knowing El Gigante vs. Nailz ever happened. 

23 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Is there anyone on here young enough to not know Our Gang and the Little Rascals? I'm 37 and remember watching the reruns on WPIX and my mom buying me the VHS tapes as a kid.

Hey there.

4 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Yeah - Gigante never looked scary

7oQJFFq.jpg

Considering Big Cass came up for the Total Divas stuff, seeing El Gigante works because he and Big Cass both have the same problem.

Both guys are just not jacked enough for the size, and it takes you out of seeing them as this badass because of it. They both just look so much that you can't suspend disbelief of "this is El Gigante/Big Cass, a powerful monster here to destroy the hero!" and more "This is El Gigante/Big Cass, an out of work basketball player who they think is a monster because he's a relatively tall dude!"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

At this point just repackage Cass as Vinny Vegas Jr. and see what happens

We've already determined that Cass doesn't have a 32th of Nash's charisma and can't pul it off.  I think Cass would fail at pretty much any gimmick Nash ever had, including Oz.

• Like 1

Well, at least Jorge was legitimately freakishly tall.

I'm not saying 6'8" or 6'9" or whatever Cass actually is isn't really tall, but it's not "oh my fucking God do you see the size of that guy!?!"

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

At this point just repackage Cass as Vinny Vegas Jr. and see what happens

Cass isn't good enough to represent the Vegas name. Maybe Vinny Branson, Missouri. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie
1 minute ago, (BP) said:

Cass isn't good enough to represent the Vegas name. Maybe Vinny Branson, Missouri. 

Only if he gains a Nelson Muntz-esque obsession with Andy Williams.

Just now, Craig H said:

The thought occurred to me that it's probably more likely that Cass wins a world title before Braun. 

Well since the SDL title actually get's defended, that's a good chance.

1 hour ago, Raziel said:

We've already determined that Cass doesn't have a 32th of Nash's charisma and can't pul it off.  I think Cass would fail at pretty much any gimmick Nash ever had, including Oz.

32th? What kind of Scott Steiner math is this?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, (BP) said:

I've always preferred Bronson, Missouri personally:

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, jayhawk_in_cny said:

They could put him in ratty clothes, call him Vinny Vagrant, and finally go forward with the hobo army idea.

Fuck y'all, this is funny...

• Like 1

Bring this up waaay after the pre-WM hub-bub about the Battle Royale FKA Fabulous Moolah, here is an article wherein some of the actual workers voice their memories, experiences and opinions.

http://slam.canoe.com/Slam/Wrestling/2018/05/10/22777921.html

And this clip, very sad:

- The interWeb giveth, the interWeb taketh away...

RAF

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 9:30 AM, Casey said:

Now let’s imagine a tag team of Ultimate Warrior and Navajo Warrior.

Speaking as a resident of Gallup, NM, let's not.

• Haha 1