DVDVR Message Board

MAY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

So, let's pretend you're the biggest money mark in the world with a billionaire businessman kowtowing to your every conceivable need.

What three wrestlers dead and alive would you choose to be on your card? Surely you can do better than Ultimate Warrior, Yokozuna, and Undertaker.

Hey man, me too, I used to defend Warrior to the hilt when workrate marks made up the majority of the IWC way back when. My poorly worded original post was asking who you would request if you were putting on the Saudi show... but now I think about it it would turn this thread into 10 pages of wrestler names and Rippa would shit kittens

Per one of the more recent Something to Wrestle podcasts, I learned that the Ultimate Warrior was a native american gimmick. I honestly had no clue. I don't know of many others who knew that either.

4 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Per one of the more recent Something to Wrestle podcasts, I learned that the Ultimate Warrior was a native american gimmick. I honestly had no clue. I don't know of many others who knew that either.

In one of Warrior's old blog posts, he actually bragged about buying steroids off a reservation, and he ridiculed the guy who sold them to him as an idiot because he said he thought UW was supposed to be a Native American.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Craig H said:

In World Class he was the Dingo Warrior, which makes it...a bit more explicit, I guess, if you squint.

HBK was offered a large amount to come out of retirement for that show. I think Austin would be in the same position: getting the money truck backed up to his door, but still refusing.

Sting wants to come back for one more match apparently, I would have asked for Sting/Undertaker if I was the money mark.

If Sting does one more, I'm hoping it's something akin to Bret's "matches" a few years ago, or at most something resembling Taker/Cena or Taker/Rusev just to keep his health in order. Neck injuries are just way too scary.

And for the record, before the injury, that was shaping up to be one of, if not my favorite Seth Rollins match ever. 

Edit: and probably my favorite Sting match since 2007!

59 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Harley Race knew:

This past 4th of July was spent at Lake of the Ozarks with myself, Ace Steel, and of course the legendary Harley Race. We spent all day on the Lake in his boat and a lot of the day was like that commercial for 'Girls Gone Wild'. Random strangers showing me their boobies (there ya go shelley!), and me just throwing water ballons at them. Late that night, back at Harleys house, we all ate some great BBQ and Harley had about a million billion martinis I think it was. He had these little pickled green beans he'd put in them....anyway....he drank a LOT. Which is no surprise, he's Harley Fucking Race. And yes, I just capitilized the 'F' in fucking. Ace is pretty tanked too, to set the scene...i'm just stuffed with BBQ, when this hilarious conversation ensues. Harley gets to telling stories, which on another side note is some of the best times i've ever had in my life. Just having the privilege to sit and listen to Harely talk about his career on numerous occasions has been really rewarding. He was talking about his run in the WWF, the reason he was brought in, and more importantly who he was working at the time. The conversation went exactly like this:

Harley: "...and he had me working Hogan, JYD, and one of my last programs was with....shit. What's his name? The guy. You know. Big guy....c'mon, you know! 
That faggot Indian."

Now...I bust out laughing and Ace and I just look at each other while Harely is scrunching up his face trying to remember who he is talking about. I start throwing out names, but none of them really make any sense. I mean....Wahoo never worked in the WWF, and certainly if he did, Harely wouldn't call him "that faggot Indian". Tatanka, who Ace proudly proclaimed was who Harely must've been talking about. Certainly you all know Tatanka, while having wrestled in the WWF, it was years after Harely had already retired. So i'm sitting there, and Harely is literally scratching his head and Ace is clueless...and I really don't have any clue either. So I think..."faggot indian"...and I blurt out:

Punk: "The Ultimate Warrior?"

Harley: "YES! That fucking GOOF!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Yes, that's why it came up on the podcast. Conrad referred to the story from Harley and asked Bruce if it was true that it's a native American gimmick. Bruce confirmed as much.

• Like 1

Just now, Log said:

I skipped around on the GRR show. What did Daivari do? I never even saw him. 

When they had the 4 Saudis newcomers come out (the ones who were at the tryout) they had the Daivaris come out waving an Iranian flag and trash talking Saudi Arabia. The 4 Saudis then beat them up to a massive pop.

Ariya tweeted a follow up saying that he received death threats and that is why he put out the apology (not sure if it was his own doing or if the WWE told him to apologize)

12 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Or Phil.

"I want the skinny fat Funny Fry Cook Man to wrestle Giant Gonzalez and Kamala inside the dog kennel cage match. Money is no object." 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

Honestly, I thought I was joking when I had imagined the negotiations:

"I want a royal Rumble, a cage match, a ladder match, a casket match..."

"Okay."

"I want Jericho, Rey, Undertaker..." 

"Great."

"I hear good things about this Okada and Omega..."

"They don't work for us..."

"Then GET THEM."

"Fine, fine..."

"And get me Andre the Giant to be bodyslammed by Hogan."