DVDVR Message Board

Backlash XIV - 5/6/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 minute ago, Casey said:

Yeah, we did. I'm sure you thought it was shit, but he was the agent for one of the really good Balor/Rollins matches they had on RAW a few weeks ago.

I just didn't watch the thing. Miz vs Rollins was good, though I wish they did a few things down the stretch differently. 

16 minutes ago, Black Angel said:

Every agent on that list needs to be fired after last night.

Ok, so that's dumb, because that means firing TJ and he's been on fire.

7 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Playing catch up: 

1. Did we know they were using TJ as an agent?

2. Is Hayes Reigns' primary agent?

1. Yes. TJ's first match was the Finn vs Seth match from a couple weeks ago that was great.

2. Not sure.

Just now, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I chose to watch a Storage Wars marathon on A&E. It seems like I made the right choice. 

I watched Face/Off on Netflix and then fell asleep. 

• Like 1

Can't really judge the walkout as an endictment of the main.  I mean, it was really late, and getting out of that part of Newark after an event is a major pain in the ass, even if you're taking NJ Transit.  There is literally no good way out of there

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Morganti said:

Insert fuck you we got your money R-Truth gif here

At the end of the day, this.  People can bitch, moan, "walkout", turn around, boo, whatever.  Vince isn't changing shit so long as the TV money and Network subs keep on keepin' on.  

3 hours ago, nate said:

So in summary, are you getting the tactical light?  This is the only thing that holds any interest for me, from this shitshow ppv.

Already dropped a hint to my mom. There is nothing she loves more on this earth than buying shit off t.v. commercials for Christmas.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Seth/Miz is the only thing that saved this from being a future Dolfan Totures RIPPA review. 

What's funny is that this is the first PPV I haven't watched live in forever (heck I didn't remember there was a show until about two hours beforehand and I wasn't dealing with the Network via my Mom's wifi) so I would really be going in blind if you paid me to watch this show.

I mean the fact that it was in Jersey is already a bad start

• Like 2

Man I was all for firing TJ until I realized you guys meant Wilson and not Perkins

This show felt longer than the Greatest Royal Rumble.

I can't wait for the Iron Dick Punch Man battle between Shinsuke and AJ

Just a couple of random things that popped in my head as I played catch-up in the thread (God I wish folks were this eager to talk about good matches)

- Anyone thinking people leaving was an indictment of Reigns is just being silly and fit their narrative into things. Anyone who has seen any playoff game in the NY/NJ area will have seen the same exact thing will people bailing as it gets later. Like if you take the train, you are basically looking at one train every 30 minutes and that's at the "busier" stations. Plus it is a school night. It was a long god damn night and no one wants to be stuck in fucking Newark. Watch Judgment Night for fuck's sake

- I am sure most won't care beyond "HEHEHEHEHE! ALEXA! BOOBS!!!" but she already had breast enhancement surgery. The recent procedure was to replace her old implants (can't remember if the story said it was because one was damaged or she just choose to do so.) Either - none of you should fucking care. But since you aren't allowed to be all PAIGE HERE~! guess we need to focus on something else stupid.

Yes I am cranky - why do you ask?

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Rippa hates my posts.

No I actually meant to mention you as I was supporting what you had said. I just forgot too.

Don't get old kids

Just now, Matt D said:

No. Rippa hates everything.

That too

Okay - no that is a lie. I like dogs.

Everything else can go kick rocks.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Rusev Day.   CM Punk.  THIS IS BORING.  Etc..    That never happened with Cena.  Say what you want about Cena, half the crowd hated him but they were at least INVESTED.  It's to the point now where nobody gives a shit at all about anything Roman is doing. 

Why would anyone care about Roman? He lost at Mania, and proved he can't walk the walk when it counts the most. They killed him dead with that booking decision. He's just another inferior full timer.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jaedmc said:

Ugh. Dogs.

No seriously admins, we need to get a Dislike button. 

Also, Rippa, your blind comment is noted.  And perhaps the IWC~~~ deserves a better writer than a guy who sincerely believes this:

Miz is great at reciting the robotic catchphrases that WWE writes for him on the talk shows and knows how to talk in the way they like to hear, but he doesn’t make me give a good goddamn about whatever bullshit they’re doing at the next PPV. He’s a good talker who is adapt at getting himself over, but it doesn’t transfer onto anyone or anything else. 

(and yes, that is your eye twitching after you read that)

• Like 2

I dont think this was mentioned - only the parts about Miz mocking Rosenberg (which I approve of)

Two things of note I guess

Qualifying matches for MITB begin this week since Miz says he has one on SDL

The way Miz talked they are either doing 4 fucking MITB matches (dear lord) or the winner of the match can only challenge the champion of his brand (since Miz specifically talks about cashing in on AJ or Nakamura)

1 hour ago, Morganti said:

Insert fuck you we got your money R-Truth gif here

I'll just insert this instead for all the people hoping to get rid of Vince.

For the full year 2017, revenue increased 10% to $801.0 million, the highest in the company's history. Vince ain't going nowhere lol.

Miz pulling out the "It doesn't matter if I win or lose, it's all about getting the people talking" should be akin to Ziggler's "It doesn't matter if I win or lose, it's all about stealing the show" but it won't be because people think Miz is on a god tier level in WWE for whatever reason.

• Like 1

Just now, Casey said:

Miz pulling out the "It doesn't matter if I win or lose, it's all about getting the people talking" should be akin to Ziggler's "It doesn't matter if I win or lose, it's all about stealing the show" but it won't be because people think Miz is on a god tier level in WWE for whatever reason.

Mostly because he's on a God tier level.

I mean the guy just had a great match with Seth Rollins, which is roughly similar to one of the labors of Hercules.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1