DVDVR Message Board

WWE Superstar Shake-Up (RAW/SDL 4/16-4/17/18)

The Natural

8 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

At this point I think Roman's issues with getting over with the portion of the crowd he's not over with have been completely untethered to Bryan for years.

Probably. But putting him in direct competition with Bryan would reconnect it real quick.

I don't think anything short of a great heel run will ever get him over as a top face the way they want, but if Bryan is there, the crowd is going to actively resent him forever.

18 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Probably. But putting him in direct competition with Bryan would reconnect it real quick.

I don't think anything short of a great heel run will ever get him over as a top face the way they want, but if Bryan is there, the crowd is going to actively resent him forever.

Bryan was out for 3 years and the crowd resented Roman the whole time. He has nothing to do with Reigns' shortcomings at this point. I agree that a heel turn would be best for Roman right now. However, they have to update his look, music, and gimmick for it to work. If they leave him as is a heel turn won't mean a thing. I think the Roman Reigns character is just a boring gimmick at this point.

I generally hate the Shakeup as it often feels unnecessary and last year's killed off SDL's initial great period. Feels like a couple trades here and there would be easier, with all the call-ups and returns shaking things up enough as it is. Hopefully this year's is better.

• Like 2

Outside of AJ, Nak, and DB....who could RAW really take from SD that would "gut" them this year? And I don't see any of those three going to RAW. AJ is champ and they won't do a champ switch, and the AJ/Nak feud is just getting started. As already mentioned, they would be crazy to put DB and Reigns on the same show. That doesn't leave a whole lot of big names to head to RAW from SD, though. I could see Randy, Roode, and Rusev all heading over, along with either The Usos or New Day (hopefully Usos). And Naomi and Natalya for the Women.

4 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

AJ and DB to Raw, confirmed. 

If AJ had dropped the belt I'd totally buy it.

Instead they can just take The New Day, the Usos, DBry, and Rusev.

Bryan to Raw - Braun to SDL

Usos to RAW - The Bar to SDL

Naomi to Raw - Bayley to SDL

Ziggler to Raw - Balor to SDL

Orton to Raw - Jeff Hardy to SDL

Mojo to Raw - Hawkins to SDL

Gable/Benjamin to Raw - The Revival to SDL

Ruby Riott to Raw - Asuka to SDL

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Bryan to Raw - Braun to SDL

Usos to RAW - The Bar to SDL

Naomi to Raw - Bayley to SDL

Ziggler to Raw - Balor to SDL

Orton to Raw - Jeff Hardy to SDL

Mojo to Raw - Hawkins to SDL

Gable/Benjamin to Raw - The Revival to SDL

Ruby Riott to Raw - Asuka to SDL

This wouldn’t be a bad haul actually 

I kind of hope Braun goes to SD. We've seen him against Roman and Brock multiple times already so unless Brock retains at the GRR and Braun is getting the nod, they may as well have him go for the World Title instead. Plus, him vs AJ, Nak, and, let's face it, probably Orton would be fresh matches, and it would be a good trade for Daniel Bryan as a top level face.

Quick note: the RAW crew is flying out to South Africa after tonight's show so basically any RAW person spotted attending SDL tomorrow is pretty much assured to be changing brands

I asked my son what this TOP 3 MOVES were for the shake up. Note: He's blue brand for life like me.

1. Move Ziggler to RAW. No real reason. My boy says it's time for him to go somewhere else.

2. & 3. Finn Balor and Roman to Smackdown because, as my son put it, "Smackdown doesn't have enough real good guys. Like really good." 

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Quick note: the RAW crew is flying out to South Africa after tonight's show so basically any RAW person spotted attending SDL tomorrow is pretty much assured to be changing brands

So, Raw is touring South Africa, coming back here for Monday Night Raw in Missouri next week, then flying back around the world for Greatest Royal Rumble? Anyone traded to Smackdown tonight has to be pretty stoked about avoiding that bullshit. 

We'll just go ahead and use this for the thread of both shows. 

Honestly, even though 3/4 of Smackdown are now on Raw, this was by far the highlight of the show

2gBwROW.gif

Whatever they're paying Mickie, they should triple it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

I'm wondering if we're still pretending Bayley and Sasha are good, because that match was ugly.  Sasha's "I'm not going over" pouty face is becoming a meme.

That face team at the end was super stacked.  Braun is what Vince wants Roman to be.  I'm also wondering if Seth moves to SDL outright or drops the belt to Miz at TGRRE.

• Like 1