DVDVR Message Board

The Heel Beatdowns Thread Revisited

Thomas Bugg

• 2 weeks later...

R-Truth's heel turn. Any heel can KO a babyface, but it takes a real rotten son of a bitch to lay him out, light up a cigarette (Marlboro Lights, no less), and blow smoke in their face while they're laying on the floor writhing in pain!

I love ya Tom, but this was thoroughly boring as shit. Morrison is anti-sympathetic.

R-Truth's heel turn. Any heel can KO a babyface, but it takes a real rotten son of a bitch to lay him out, light up a cigarette (Marlboro Lights, no less), and blow smoke in their face while they're laying on the floor writhing in pain!

I love ya Tom, but this was thoroughly boring as shit. Morrison is anti-sympathetic.

Looking back at it, Morrison really did a poor job selling the beatdown.

I know a lot of people call Trish Stratus overrated these days, but the one thing she was so damn good at was looking like she was killed dead, buried, and someone had to call her momma with the terrible news.

Of course, there's no good videos on Youtube to post. Damnnit.

I know a lot of people call Trish Stratus overrated these days, but the one thing she was so damn good at was looking like she was killed dead, buried, and someone had to call her momma with the terrible news.

Of course, there's no good videos on Youtube to post. Damnnit.

I'm not sure if this does it justice or not, but here's Jazz being a hood ratchet and taking out Trish.

And just to clear it up, I did NOT post this for the shot of Trish at 1:10 *crossing fingers behind my back* ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wphwQd79RJ0

The attack of Trish by Jazz after that street fight was brutal. The way Trish's makeup was all over the place as she weakly grasped for air because Jazz wouldn't let got of the STF was probably the best sell job I've ever seen. And that was only after 3 years on the job.

Ziggles is still terrible a selling.

R-Truth's heel turn ended up kind of saving his career.  Right up until he turned face again and resumed being utterly irrelevant.

WWE should be brought up on abuse charges for the shit they did to R-Truth's career! Although I guess the only other alternative for him would be to have his career fucking die in TNA.

That was way better than the one last month. Short and to the point, and everything about the sequence before the mock triple powerbomb ruled. HHH's knee that busted Roman's mouth, the quick tease comeback and RKO cutoff, and HHH being like "You're gonna take the pedigree, motherfucker."

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A good Women's title match between Madusa and Bull Nakano, then Bertha Faye debuts and lays out the new champion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCoGgLq8kVA

On the same show, Sid lays out HBK with the worst powerbomb ever, then follows it up with two vicious and well-executed powerbombs.

Oh, and you can clearly hear Vince McMahon yelling, "Get Diesel in there....let me know when we're back live"

Last Monday on RAW, The Authority beat the living fucking shit out of Dean Ambrose....and where in the hell was Cena and Reigns when this was going down? Playing Sudoku or some shit?

When we say OOOOS you say OOOOOOOH SHIT THE WYATT FAMILY!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Say what you will about Shawn Michaels, but he could really draw the emotion out of a heel beatdown. And Jericho really displayed how much of a dickhead he could be.

And here's Afa Jr, Cody Rhodes, Orton and Jericho beating the living fucking shit out of Cena.