DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] March 28, 2018 TV Show

Peck

Pretty open field for the new North American strap.

Kinda silly reasoning behind the Ciampa/Gargano unsanctioned announcement. So we're supposed to believe that THIS TIME FOR REALZ if Johnny loses he'll not show up at Ciampa's house, or physical therapy, or vehicle..?

Dat EC3 entrance music, it's good. Wonder who's behind it, CFO$ or the newer guys.

Yeah, WTF is Lars using the diving head butt; besides the neck, he really shouldn't be doing top rope moves with his knees already banged up.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peck said:

Pretty open field for the new North American strap.

Kinda silly reasoning behind the Ciampa/Gargano unsanctioned announcement. So we're supposed to believe that THIS TIME FOR REALZ if Johnny loses he'll not show up at Ciampa's house, or physical therapy, or vehicle..?

Johnny’s an honorable guy.  He’s been chasing Ciampa because he cost him his career via cheap shot and interference.  If he loses fair and square in a match, there’s no reason to think he won’t abide by the stip.

58 minutes ago, turk128 said:

Dat EC3 entrance music, it's good. Wonder who's behind it, CFO$ or the newer guys.

Yeah, WTF is Lars using the diving head butt; besides the neck, he really shouldn't be doing top rope moves with his knees already banged up.

CFO$ Tweeted about it, so I think it's them.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Rick said:

Never seen anything of EC3 before but yeah I'm in. Plus points for acknowledging and flowing with the crowd rather than staying robotic and ignoring them, a small detail that made KO's run in NXT so great. Dig the 1% thing. 

A staple of his, he would run with You Cant Wrestle chants quite easily.

example:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Greggulator said:

Somebody give me a primer on EC3. What am I looking at here? Bobby Roode 2.0? If so, I'm all in.

Yes, except he is far far better than Bobby Roode (despite Fowler's claims when he races in here to defend Roode)

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

The worst thing about Anthem buying TNA was that they went and purged a lot of the great stuff that was online

If someone can find it again - EC3 vs. Rockstar Spud Hair vs. Hair is a Top 3 TNA match of all time

I'd probably stopped watching TNA about six months before the Spud-EC3 match that @Oyaji posted, but I'd always heard it was good.

Wow. The blood obviously adds a lot. But you take that away, and it's still a nice bit of business. EC3 is a scumbag. And Spud is such credible, sympathetic, never-say-die underdog that in the heat of battle, he briefly wins over the man who's trying to strip him of his dignity. Delicious. 

No comments on the Cinderella tag-team of Strong/Dunne making it to the finals? Damn, I love me some Pete Dunne, this kid has the potential to be the biggest star in NA and the UK if he keeps it up. And you what, Roddy ain't half-bad either.

The beat-down of Aleistar Black sucked mightily. Are we to believe that one guy (even if he gets a sucker shot in to start with) is going to totally lay waste to the Dutch Destroyer? Nonsense, I say, nonsense. I realize that they are hedging their bets to make Aleistar the face at Wrestlemania when he wins the belt, but it's totally unnecessary, people are already invested in him. He's goth as fuck, without being a pretentious twat and that's something different, he's not a crazed psycho, or cult leader or any of the usual tropes that they roll out. He's just a guy that walks on the dark side and I'm 100% down with that.

I admit there was a tiny part of me that would have loved for John Silver to bust out some of his impressive smaller guy power move offense on Sullivan even though it would have made zero sense.

The Dusty Classic has been very underwhelming despite the super fun Dunne/Strong vs Lorcan/Burch match. The tag scene that got revived has gone dormant again. I like a lot of the teams going right now, but none of them are pulling off Revival vs Alpha or Revival vs DIY level stuff or even close to it. I know it's a high bar, but still.

Poor Dakota Kai is always just an extra around which feuds are happening. 

1 hour ago, OSJ said:

No comments on the Cinderella tag-team of Strong/Dunne making it to the finals?

It's just like commenting on the UK matches in NXT; at some point you run out of superlatives and  start repeating yourself.

Dakota Kai has a high potential to become like NXT Baley.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also, I've run out of things to say about the run Roddy has had the last six weeks or so (televised times)

Between NXT and 205 Live, I think he's currently had more really good to great tv/ppv matches than anyone else in the world the last two months, if you let me count those shows as TV.

• Like 1