DVDVR Message Board

SmackDown Live is Viking Kronik - 3/13/18

Zakk_Sabbath

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Well considering her and Cass have long since broken up - that wasn’t happening in real life or whatever bizarre kayfabe world that idea came from

I don't follow the backstage stuff at all, so I never know or care who is dating who, but I seem to recall someone (Rippa?) posting videos around the time of Cass' injury of him and Carmella buying a house and moving  in.

Cass is going to be DOA when he comes back, isn't he?  I kinda thought his best chance post-injury was going to be pairing him with Enzo and/or Carmella.  Maybe his giant character can still work on SDL, where there aren't many huge guys.  I don't think he's going to look very intimidating if he ends up working Braun.   Personally, I think Luke Gallows pulls off the big man gimmick better in terms of looking imposing.

Also, how big is Elias?  He looks like a big dude, but Wikipedia lists him as 6'2", 217 lbs. (billed).  KInda thought he was a good bit taller and heavier than that.

18 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I brought this board into this world and I can take it out!

Well, you already pulled out its soul when March Madness was Johnny Cashed.....

Also, I assume it's a reflection of wrestling's dwindling popularity as much as anything, but it wasn't that long ago that the Omnibus thread topped 100 pages pretty much every month.  Actually, irrc, that was originally why we started getting monthly omnibus threads - the 1,000 page long threads tended to crash the board.

I also blame the lack of "humped my mom" framistans and the banning of MG-whateverhisnamewas-Fan and his creepy butt shots.

9 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

I don't follow the backstage stuff at all, so I never know or care who is dating who, but I seem to recall someone (Rippa?) posting videos around the time of Cass' injury of him and Carmella buying a house and moving  in.

Carmella confirmed it when the episode of Total Divas aired

Basically it seems that the stress of buying the house and Cass' injury ended up being too much. She also claims that she realized Cass was never going to marry her but who knows how much of that is true and how much of that was played up for Total Divas

7 minutes ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

Wow, I thought Elias was a lot bigger than that myself.

I wonder if it's the way he's built? Because it seems a lot of those 217 lbs are in his shoulders and traps

Probably an old school perspective effect. He's using a youth size guitar.  

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Carmella confirmed it when the episode of Total Divas aired

Basically it seems that the stress of buying the house and Cass' injury ended up being too much. She also claims that she realized Cass was never going to marry her but who knows how much of that is true and how much of that was played up for Total Divas

What was their hamper situation like? 

• Haha 4

• Dolfan in NYC changed the title to SmackDown Live is Viking Kronik - 3/13/18
55 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

She also claims that she realized Cass was never going to marry her but who knows how much of that is true and how much of that was played up for Total Divas

Worked for Cena and Nikki.

Also, did it seem like the crowd was getting ready to turn on Shane during that segment? Like right before the beat down you could hear boos coming, as Shane pretty much admitted he's been a jerk in all this, until Kevin and Sami came out.

59 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Its less that there turning on Shane and more that they were angry about no Bryan.

See, here's the thing about that. I think those were two different reactions, (about to) turn on Shane had that awkward silent pause, D-Bry was just plain booing.

A friend and I got into a debate about the bump Shane took, with my friend claiming it was reckless and unnecessary (which would be par for the course with Shane tbf) and me saying it wasn't nearly as dangerous as he was saying.

I went all Cristobalumbo on him, taking pictures of paused moments to illustrate my case (he only fell a couple feet, and that crossbar thingy looked to have padding on it) but basically the debate ended when I showed this picture (spoilered for size)

Spoiler

29187122_1886158831395825_89592770404443

cuz now it just looks like Kevin was eating Shane's ass.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Re: Shane's punches

I don't understand how the guy that leaves more sunlight in his strikes than the Sahara at noon is also the guy that potatoes nearly every single person he has a match with. It boggles my mind.

• Like 2

Because he's put all his effort into throwing them quickly, it means he widens the range.

Most wrestlers will make a show of lining their punches up, which sells it to the crowd and also lets them keep that range narrow. A normal wrestler's punch is gonna have a range of a few inches, from "very close but no contact" to "snug", which'll have some impact, but won't be a full shoot punch. When they miss outside that range, it'll either miss semi-noticeably or "Oops. Well shit, I got a receipt coming."

Shane, because he tries to emulate Muhammad Ali with about 0.1% of the training and athletic ability, has a range of "basically inside your face" to this:

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Nah man, Sami doesn't wear watches. He wears a fork that he bent around his wrist as a bracelet.

(Tell me I'm not the only person who witnessed their ska/punk friends wearing that shit)

• Like 1