DVDVR Message Board

Raw Is Empowering Women - 3/12/2018

Dolfan in NYC

The Fabulous Moolah as female empowerment.  Well, I mean, she fucked enough women over, figuratively and literally, that I suppose she can serve as an example that a woman in power can be just as horrible as a man.  Kudos WWE!

Also, I want James Ellsworth back for one night to serve as Braun's "partner" while he singlehandedly murders The Bar.

Oh, and speaking of murder.... RIP Alexa Bliss, died 7 days from now. 

• Like 1

We also learned that Curtis Axel and Rhyno look the same from the back.  God the coach sucks on commentary

You think the writers heard that they were naming a battle royal after Moolah and thought "Hold my beer" when doing a fat shaming promo on Nia Jax.   She better murder Alexa in the next couple weeks

• Like 1

I really liked the Alexa Bliss/Mickie James backstage segment.  It was fairly creative and led to Nia going nuts on the locker room area.  It was good stuff.  Also,  Mickie James is fucking fantastic still isn't she?  her and Asuka had a great little match.  

The Roman and Vince stuff was...  I don't know.  Weird. It makes sense I guess but I don't know if Roman is the right guy for this Brock angle. Everyone knows that Roman is also Vince's "boy" so I don't know. 

The Moolah shit is so fucking absurd.  How can they be so dumb?  She LITERALLY pimped female performers.  What the fuck.  I hope the WWE twitter fucking explodes. Get Deadspin and all of them on the line ASAP..   

As for Braun...  the less said about it the better.   Braun deserves so much more than this goofy tag shit.  

• Like 1

I caught the last hour and thought it was pretty good until the tag match.  Strowman's push has gone on long enough.  I don't get how people scream that NXT stars are not pushed to the moon upon arrival, Reigns is jammed down our throats, but you are fine with the Strowman slow burn which has been going on for what, five years?  It feels that long.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rows said:

Cena/Taker went from 0 to 100 pretty quickly

How in the hell can anything else close Mania? This program is so fucking hot and we haven't even seen Taker yet.

2 minutes ago, GodzillaPerez said:

I just hope whomever put the hidden camera in the women's locker room is quickly caught and dealt with. 

I'm stunned they actually took the time to explain it.

10 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I really liked the Alexa Bliss/Mickie James backstage segment.  It was fairly creative and led to Nia going nuts on the locker room area.  It was good stuff.  Also,  Mickie James is fucking fantastic still isn't she?  her and Asuka had a great little match.  

I enjoyed the match and segments too. I like to believe that they had Alexa make the fat shaming comments because the Mickie character remembers enduring that herself because you know...continuity. 

As much as I liked Bayley not putting up with Sasha’s shit, I’m not sure I like this passive agressive “I’ll walk you to the ring but won’t like it” version. Almost made me want Sasha to slap her and say “either you’re in or you’re out!”

5 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

How in the hell can anything else close Mania? This program is so fucking hot and we haven't even seen Taker yet.

Its easy to get caught up in the "oh too late for it to be interesting" talk, but Cena/Taker is clearly still a big deal to the audience. If the crowd stays this hot, then they can easily smoke and mirrors their way through a main event match with enough theatrics.

How great would it have been if Cena had ran out, tossed Anderson for the final elimination and just proclaimed himself to be Braun's partner? 

I guess I'll take stupid Cena vs Taker instead.