DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] Mar 7, 2018 TV SHOW

Peck

This is the best show on television. What fun.  Ciampa's segment was great.  I loved the press deal with Regal which led to Roddy and Dunne getting into it which led to Dunne and Cole getting into it.  

All the matches were good too.  I thought dude from TM61 was dead after that powerbomb.   

Bianca is coming along very nicely.  She has it all.  

I really like Dain's remix of the Sanity theme. 

The margin of error on the apron powerbomb is slim. Damn that looked liked it sucked. 

That segment with Regal, Dunne, Strong, Undisputed Era looked like an ad for an upcoming NXT men's clothing line. "The Bruiserweight looks dashing and dangerous in this smashing scarf/checked shirt combo."

Black/Dain was a little disappointing just never seemed to kick into the next gear.

On 09/03/2018 at 7:53 AM, quackhell said:

The margin of error on the apron powerbomb is slim. Damn that looked liked it sucked. 

That segment with Regal, Dunne, Strong, Undisputed Era looked like an ad for an upcoming NXT men's clothing line. "The Bruiserweight looks dashing and dangerous in this smashing scarf/checked shirt combo."

Black/Dain was a little disappointing just never seemed to kick into the next gear.

Dunne is a scary, suave looming cat. Dude legit looks like he could stare down with Lesnar and come off utterly convincing.

If they run properly with Dunne, dude is a sure fire main eventer down the line. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeathyBoy said:

Dunne is a scary, suave looming cat. Dude legit looks like he could stare down with Lesnar and come off utterly convincing.

If they run properly with Dunne, dude is a sure fire main eventer down the line. 

Word. The dude is the best natural heel to come along since Johnny Valentine in men's wrestling, the ladies had Dump Matsumoto, which is a hard act to top. Now I'm making this statement without the least bit of hyperbole as I sincerely believe it to be true. Yeah, this 24-25 year-old English kid is the best at what he does to come along in fifty years. Think about that for a second, it's been longer than most of the posters here have been alive since Johnny V. was doing his thing. I barely remember seeing him when I was a little kid, it's only been in recent years that I've tracked down any footage that I could find. Both guys project the vibe of insanity just barely being held in check and while they enjoy winning, what really lights their fire is being given a venue to really fuck people up. Booked correctly, Dunne could anchor the heel side of things in WWE for the next two decades. The prospects of having a recurring heel champ are just tremendous; anytime they want to push a new face, put the strap on Dunne and let the chase begin. The great thing about Dunne is that unlike Flair in the 1980s he doesn't require a supporting cast to help him out, you just roll with the concept that he's legit the baddest guy in the room and that the face will have to elevate his game to almost superhuman  levels to beat him. I just hope that Trips realizes what he has here.

• Like 2

I have a dream scenario where Dunne and Braun team and then feud. He's one of the few guys I can see being able to make up the size difference with pure nastiness (using the finger breaking to get out of the powerslam, stuff like that). The only thing Pete needs to round out his work is a believable finisher he can put on much bigger guys, maybe some kind of sleeper hold variant. Other than that, dude is dollars.

I love Pete Dunne, and this post is no indictment/disrespect of him or anything like that but I'm just not sure I can envision Vince strapping the rocket on an English guy named Pete Dunne, no matter how awesome he is.

17 hours ago, Peck said:

I love Pete Dunne, and this post is no indictment/disrespect of him or anything like that but I'm just not sure I can envision Vince strapping the rocket on an English guy named Pete Dunne, no matter how awesome he is.

Oh it’s less a rocket than the fact the guy is Regal-esque, but entered WWE younger with no drug issues. If Regal has entered WWF in the mid 90s and stayed sober, he’d have been a world champ by the mid 00s. 

Obviously Regal was a better promo, but Dunne is stupidly good for his age and he’s only going to get better. Properly seasoned, I can see him by the age of 30 being their best all rounder in every category. 

12 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

If Regal has entered WWF in the mid 90s and stayed sober, he’d have been a world champ by the mid 00s.

Wasn't a major part of Regal's problem his stint in India where he screwed up his back on a fucked up ring? It was basically a domino effect from there on.

9 minutes ago, turk128 said:

Wasn't a major part of Regal's problem his stint in India where he screwed up his back on a fucked up ring? It was basically a domino effect from there on.

India was also when he got really sick. Was that the same tour? 

Has he or anyone else ever said what the plans were for his push when he won King of the Ring just before his wellness violation?  I feel like that was the closest he was about to be to a sustained push (well that and feuding with Sting just before Hall/Nash came in).