DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2013-14: OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

Yankees sign Brian McCann to long term deal

edit - $85million for 5 years

With an easy vesting 6th too.

Man is that ever a perfect fit.  McCann will be lecturing people about doing things "The Yankee Way" by April 15th.

Several players have ripped the Cardinals and Jhonny Peralta for his new contract, including Evan Longoria.  General gist is along the lines of "way to discourage PED use owners!"

The Indians are starting the transition of Carlos Santana to 3rd.

I mean I guess he can't be terrible in the field everywhere... right?

It's apparently only for an emergency basis as opposed to a full-time thing. That's good, because he'd be a nightmare there.

Which is representative of literally one of the worst things about our society: Our belief that punishment needs to continue AFTER the actual punishment.

Indeed. And how would they even plan to fight against that? Amend the PED policy to include some "if suspended for PED use during last year of contract, XX must sign a one-year deal at league minimum salary with current team for the following season." clause? 

Mariners team plague... I mean president Chuck Armstrong is retiring. That sound you hear is baseball fans inwashington state uncorking champagne. Now if we could just get rid of Howard Lincoln. And Jack Z. And our shitty ownership. (Sighs heavily)

1st offense should be 100 hours listening to Tim McCarver and Bob Costas' recorded responses to Peter Gammons' commentary to a series of poems writen by George Will after watching Ken Burns' baseball documentary.  The 100 hours can be spread out over up to five weekends but you do not set foot on a field or listen to music or read or watch anything on t.v. until the 100 hours are completed.

Go ahead, gentlemen, test it out.  I'm sure you'll beat the system.

• Like 2

Baseball retired from Theodore Roosevelt Lilly. Shed a tear and light a candle folks. I'm legit bummed, but it was time for him to call it a career. I'll always remember four things about Lilly:

1) He's a fucking badass

2) He bowled over Molina in a play at the plate

3) He nearly threw a no-hitter against the White Sox

4) He pitched in the first winning Cubs game I was in attendance for

I will miss the guy. I may have to do the same thing I did with Greg Maddux and get a Lilly jersey for each team he played on.