DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION THREAD - MARCH 2018

RIPPA

7 hours ago, turk128 said:

Is AXS a website for Axe Body Spray fans?

6 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

It's the network NJPW is on. Which doesn't really help explain what happened here.

Marty Scurll looks like he probably uses Axe Body Spray.

Hmm...I'm in the presale for Money in the Bank tickets and they're $150 + fees and the next step up from there are the $400 seats that include a chair. I'm just focusing on the $150 + fees seats.

When I go to look at the combo seats though, there is such a limited selection for those. It's limited to the same section I was looking at for MitB, and only that section at that level, and then upper deck cheap seats. If I select the same section I was looking at for just MitB, it's $220 + fees. $70 more for the NXT ticket basically. How much do Takeover tickets usually go for? $70 for this level almost seems like a bargain, but if that's close to the usual price, I'll just stick with StubHub or SeatGeek.

Reminder that the next TV taping is tonight so the usual spoiler warnings apply

We also should get a sense of how bad Bobby Fish's injury is

As been the policy in the past - if there is a title change - the WWE will probably announce it right away

Would it be at all contentious to suggest that this year's Dusty is kinda lame?  Part of the fun of previous years was seeing some of the odd combinations that teamed up and surprise entrants.  This year, the field is cut in half, and besides one team, it's basically just the typical NXT tag division working each other, just like they would be if there wasn't a tournament.

• Like 1

Oh no - its definitely lame this year

But I think they wanted to make sure they did it and it gave them an excuse to do a #1 contender

This is a very mild spoiler but its gonna come out almost instantly (in fact WON already has it in today's Daily Update)

NXT is adding a new title

NXT North American Championship

There is a match at Takeover to determine the champion (I guess there was a limit on how many tournaments they were going to run)

30 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

This is a very mild spoiler but its gonna come out almost instantly (in fact WON already has it in today's Daily Update)

NXT is adding a new title

NXT North American Championship

There is a match at Takeover to determine the champion (I guess there was a limit on how many tournaments they were going to run)

Spoiler from tonight's NXT Taping

A new title, the NXT North American Championship, will debut at TakeOver: New Orleans, NXT General Manager William Regal announced during tonight’s NXT tapings at Full Sail University.

The inaugural NXT North American Champion will be decided in a Six-Man Ladder Match featuring Adam Cole, Velveteen Dream, Killian Dain, Lars Sullivan and new NXT signees Ricochet and EC3.  

Welp

Spoiler

Chris Dijak? I'm guessing Dijak was maybe protecting his name in case he goes back to the indies? I'll miss the alliteration. Also, so much for him having a big-ish debut.

1 hour ago, JonnyLaw said:
  Hide contents

Seven wrestled later, so it could have something to do with Bate.

Spoiler

That is a shame I wanted either them or Orcan/Bruch vs. AoP. Love Dunne, but I'm not really fond of Roddy.

For those wondering - they didn't do anything at the tapings regarding the tag titles and Bobby Fish's injury

Bobby Fish is supposedly having knee surgery today.

They did give themselves an out at Takeover though

13 hours ago, Craig H said:

Welp

Hide contents

Chris Dijak? I'm guessing Dijak was maybe protecting his name in case he goes back to the indies? I'll miss the alliteration. Also, so much for him having a big-ish debut.

Spoiler

Has he been on TV yet? The Ricochet match could be dark as well...

14 hours ago, Craig H said:

Welp

Reveal hidden contents

It's his real name so once he is on full time he will have a NXT name