DVDVR Message Board

NXT DISCUSSION THREAD - MARCH 2018

RIPPA

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The NXT Instagram account just put up a post noting that Donovan Dijak is making his road trip debut tonight

Accurate. Jobbed to Lars in a decent 10 minute or so Hoss Fight. Plus he's one of the few WWE guys who RECEIVED a first name rather than had theirs taken away as he was billed as "Chris Dijak". When I went to the Dade City show a month ago, he was just Dijak. 

Extremely fun show, by the way. This was my 6th NXT House Show and I've never NOT had a great time at one. Velveteen & Aleister absolutely tore the roof off and had the crowd eating out of the palms of both of their hands. 

Results:

Spoiler

Street Profits over Cezar Bononi and Adrian Jaoude. Bononi & Jaoude should have jobs for life for the mid-card heel Tag role that gets cheap foreign heat & puts everyone over

Dakota Kai beat Lacey Evans. After the match, Shayna Baszler ran-in through the crowd and choked out Dakota. Remember this for later...

Lars Sullivan pinned Chris Dijak after a Freak Accident. Good match, crowd was confused because there was really no set face/heel dynamic. Both guys played both roles during match. Afterwards, Sullivan returned to ring and gave Dijak one more Freak Accident.

Undisputed Era over Heavy Machinery & Kassius Ohno. Cole pinned a distracted Ohno with a rollup. Fun match with some good comedy from both sides.

Shayna Baszler beat Kairi Sane by DQ after Dakota Kai ran in and attacked Shayna. Kai then drilled Shayna with some kicks to set up the Kairi elbow from the top.

Aleister Black pinned Velveteen Dream in what was probably the MOTN. Crowd was absolutely crazy for both. After Black went to dressing room after the match, Velveteen got a huge ovation which caused him to break character a bit and show his appreciation. 

Johnny Gargano & Candice Lerae submitted Andrade Cien Almas & Zelina Vega with a dual Gargano Escape. All four had to work hard to get the crowd back after the Black/Dream bout but they did a good job. Gargano and Lerae did the post-show autograph/selfie loop around ringside.

DXQRUOy_Wk_AAb_Qz_O.jpg

DXQRUOw_WAAAr_K-6.jpg

• Like 1

What a reaction!

WWE PPV 2018 from Cleveland Ohio.

IC Champ Miz hosting Miz TV.

Talk smack about moving to LA. That his wife was right not to want a house in this dumpster fire city etc. Open challenge to anyone from Cleveland for the IC title...

Johnny Gargano walks out.

By Mike Johnson on 2018-03-04 19:34:00
PWInsider.com is working to confirm the situation, but several readers in attendance at the ongoing NXT live event in Indianapolis have sent word that NXT Tag Team champion Bobby Fish appeared to have suffered an injury and was walked to the back during The Undisputed Era's bout against Heavy Machinery.

During the bout, according to one reader, it appeared that Fish suffered a knee injury to his left knee.  Kyle O'Reilly continued the bout solo with Adam Cole running out to distract Otis to set up O'Reilly rolling him up for the pinfall win.  We were told it was obvious that they had changed things on the fly after Fish went down.

Based on the reports we've received thus far from readers, there was nothing "out of the ordinary" before Fish went down to the floor outside the ring.

There is no information available at this point.

Eek hope he's okay.

If he's out for any real length of time I guess they have two possible solutions though, either having Cole step in under Freebird rules or turning the Dusty Classic into crowning new champs.

17 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Eek hope he's okay.

If he's out for any real length of time I guess they have two possible solutions though, either having Cole step in under Freebird rules or turning the Dusty Classic into crowning new champs.

It would seriously mess things up, but they could always add a new member to TUE. Dijak is the first name that comes to mind, but as previously mentioned, he likely debuts at Takeover New Orleans or at Takeover Chicago. Maybe Roddy turns heel, but that gets dicey given his past with TUE. Ohno would be a good candidate. He becomes a big bruiser for that group.

I've been saying for awhile that recruiting gymnasts would be a great idea. He looked good there, and you add in that his birthday might get them mentioned in mainstream press, I think he's likely to be signed.

Although he might be better off doing a few years in the indies first.

• Like 1

Hmm, I've been debating on going to both shows. Have they done package deals like this in the past when it's not WM weekend? I'm just wondering if there's any sort of a discount for getting the combo tickets.

Are tickets to Takeover events at the same price point as WWE PPVs, or cheaper? Been talking about a trip to Chicago with the wife this summer, and it would be cool to check out a Takeover event live and in-person.

Someone reported (most likely Meltzer I just can’t check the WON now) that because they are worried about the PPV ticket sales they are bundling it with the Takeovers since those sell better.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Someone reported (most likely Meltzer I just can’t check the WON now) that because they are worried about the PPV ticket sales they are bundling it with the Takeovers since those sell better.

I wonder how long until an NXT guy refuses to go to the main roster.

Wrestling is a business and it is about maximising money, but guys like The Revival/Roode aren’t that much better off than they were in NXT.

3 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

I wonder how long until an NXT guy refuses to go to the main roster.

Wrestling is a business and it is about maximising money, but guys like The Revival/Roode aren’t that much better off than they were in NXT.

The pay bump is pretty significant, including actually getting paid for house shows.  Also, the longer you're in NXT, the closer you are of out the door.

I'm curious how all that would work. Is there a hard line between a developmental contract, and a main roster deal? That is, when WWE wants to call you up, do they have to negotiate (however one sided those talks must be) with a given wrestler; or, is it written in to a developmental contract that being called up immediately bumps you to a certain pay range, number of years, etc.? If it's the former, could someone just balk at coming off their developmental deal, effectively vetoing the promotion? (Not saying anyone would want to do that, but the mechanics are interesting to me.)

I am sure there will be a Wrestlenomics podcast on the subject once someone's NXT contract becomes public record (due to legal fillings of course)