DVDVR Message Board

2018 LUCHA UNDERGROUND THREAD

RIPPA

Pretty flat episode I thought. The battle royale came off as so lame with it only going a minute & someone just being taken out of the big match next week just by someone else's choice at random. Very Attitude Era. Dezmond's debut was cool but again it came off as Impact where they take 2 months off for tapings, everyone leaves, so they just reset and push the first guy available to come in. Wins his debut, is suddenly in line for shot at biggest title in company. Main event was pretty short & another weak title match.

Just not feeling it. It's not a bad show by any means but it's not the Lucha Underground from previous seasons. Also, where's the lucha? LOL Does Aero Star still exist?

We know he shows up at some point because Aerostar/Dragon Azteca Jr & King Cuerno haven't had their meeting about the Gauntlet yet. 

Very surprised after the ending to the last week's episode and the new outfit that London lost his match. 

It's interesting how the filmed segments have stayed consistent with what you expect from LU, but it's the live action and in-ring work that have dropped off a lot. The sloppy editing doesn't help, but I feel like we're seeing a lot more mailed-in matches than previous seasons.

That said, Johnny Mundo + smoke and mirrors booking carried Vibora to one of the better matches of the season so far.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So this is what I get for not watching the last few weeks.  I'm barely clinging onto the awesomeness of the show was and am hesitant on seeing the last 4 episodes.  Was there anything actually worth watching or should I just delete them lest I want LU to be further tarnished in my eyes.  Thanks in advance.

Yes, I could look up what happened on the episodes but I'm up to my ears in catching up on Raw/SD/NXT/Impact and trust what you folks have to say about it.

17 minutes ago, thecubsfan said:

The main events of the July 25th and the August 8th one are generally good. The first one is the better of the two. Nothing is must see in that stretch.

Thanks for the quick response, sir!  I'm fast forwarding as much as possible through the shows I listed above without going bonkers and there's only so much time in the day.  It kind of hurts knowing I have to do the same with LU.  I wouldn't dare miss a segment before and now I don't even give that a second thought.