DVDVR Message Board

2018 LUCHA UNDERGROUND THREAD

RIPPA

I still have to watch this episode. I only turned it on long enough to see that Big Bad Steve vs. Swagger was the opening match. For some reason, Mr. Pectacular popped into my head as a potential sacrifice but I thought he was a guy they'd use more regularly so I shrugged it off.  

My interest in this season so far can be summed up by how I forgot to watch until yesterday. My idea of wrestling in 2018 is not a Chavo Guerrero Jr. or Jack Swagger match.

This is just another Impact for me now where if I hear there's a good match I'll check it out but I am checked out of everything else. It's like a parody of what Lucha Underground used to be.

One of my favorite moments was Striker saying something along the lines of "you gotta win over these believers, they won't just cheer for anyone!" as about 15 minutes later they gave an ovation to Mr. Pectacular.

That was canned

Nobody popped 

My favorite Matt Striker call was him fucking up and calling Antonio Dario and them leaving it in 

I feel less checked out since I didn't go live and everything is new to me this season.  If I'm going to watch something and talk about it on a 45 hour long weekly podcast I think me seeing it only once makes me more positive or something.

On 7/7/2018 at 8:21 PM, Tromatagon said:

feel less checked out since I didn't go live and everything is new to me this season.  If I'm going to watch something and talk about it on a 45 hour long weekly podcast I think me seeing it only once makes me more positive or something.

Kids these days ... their attention spans are pretty short

No LU for me going on two weeks now because of the Dish (& Sling) vs Univision dispute

I did see Babynuts playing a sicario on Queen of the South, though.  He had like two scenes and got a bunch of scrap metal dropped on him.

EDIT: holy shit @ Univision's announcements quoted in that article.  Essentially, "we're not going to call Dish a bunch of racists, but..."

31 minutes ago, Tromatagon said:

I'd be enjoying the Ivelisse thing more if I didnt know she pissed off one of my favorite wrestlers so badly he quit the company but it was a good showcase for her and a fun match.

But Son of Havoc is still around tho

To be fair to Ivelisse, after watching Evans on Poppin' Dogs and Talkin' Hogs, I don't know how anybody stands that fuckin' guy. He's so great, but his redneck conspiracy shit is soooo OTT.

16 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

I know Oyaji was kidding but I'm referring to Jack Evans the inventor of modern lucha libre and drunken master

Shit, I love Jack and while I'm oddly curious about the details it sucks if this happened.  I like Ivelisse on TV but hearing about her backstage ego through the years it's not that surprising.

The season so far has been just there for me.  But goddamn that White Rabbit video was exactly the thing I needed to be back fully on board with LU.  We need much more of that, please.  And  this is the second show aside from Impact I've seen Cross on but I'm really starting to like the guy.  Great to know that he's also a really cool dude on top of that.