DVDVR Message Board

2018 LUCHA UNDERGROUND THREAD

RIPPA

Everyone who went I've talked to said he took a really really fucked up bump and it isn't surprising he's hurt.

Part of me shares the same sentiment as Rob despite people at the tapings telling me they were awesome.  I started watching this show to see the AAA dudes though.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI while it makes the company look completely stupid, that's Dorian's lawyer sending that shit.  It's the same name on all the C&Ds they sent people booking Penta and Fenix

They can C Dees nuts.

I can't express how much I wish they'd just completely cut Dorian out of the equation and how much I feel like any real success hinges on this.

• Haha 1

AAA involvement was a blessing and a curse from day one. I really hope they can turn the ship around because I'd hate to see the husk of what was once the best thing in wrestling just meander around soullessly for another few years.

15 hours ago, clintthecrippler said:

Hell, for the money they shell out in legal fees they could probably hire a promoter to put together sold shows and you know, bring more money into the coffers?

You would think that.  But we're talking about somebody where common sense and decency doesn't appear to be in their DNA.

Ehhh.  That kind of thing is a pipe dream.  It's a TV show not a wrestling company so if you think of it that way yeah, they don't pay people to do this shit when they don't have a production budget and that limits growth.  But they are happy with what they have now I think.

One of the rumors that is more fact than rumor even though nobody will come right out and say it is Dorian gave an ultimatum that any wrestler who left AAA and still wanted to work Lucha Underground would only be allowed if they returned to AAA. Fenix/Penta types were considered untouchable since they don't really need LU any more in the first place, let alone AAA at all. But a guy like Daga needs the U.S. exposure and thus really wanted to be on LU Season 4. He's there. Taking part in one of the main stories they are taping over this season. Yet he hasn't returned to AAA yet & is telling everyone he has no intention of doing so. Makes you wonder how much influence Dorian really has when it comes to certain decisions.

• 2 weeks later...

I strongly recommend LU writers DeJoseph and Roach on this TwitWow podcast if you're interested in the different ideas that were considered and close to occurring on LU but didn't happen for one reason or another.

They did say that Angelico was the other choice for the title win that went to Sexy Star and went into the whys of the decision. It would've been a one week title reign at that point either way, but it's clear they were super high on Angelico and his injuries were horrible luck.

It must be nice to have your guests write your questions for you

I recommend skipping that show altogether (who knows, maybe it's good.  I'm not listening to find out) and listening to EVW shoot on the C & D letters on our podcast (which I wasn't on.  Buy your WHERE IS CASEY shirt today!)  It's probably good, I refuse to listen to episodes I'm not on

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Don't worry about it I have it covered:

Good to see the MMMShow homey Killer Kross featured in this one.

Also whazzup Jack Swagger (yeah this was probably the worst kept secret of the tapings but I'm suprised he's in)

• Thanks 1