DVDVR Message Board

Fastlane IV - 3/11/2018

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Brian Fowler said:

Cena losing all the time is the angle. 

So when you hear the BONG during his Raw promo after Fastlane, it makes it more credible when they say the match is Career for Career. 

• Like 1

Yeah, the optics certainly make it look like all Cena does is lose. I didn't even think of the wins over the Miz and Balor.

Weird thought, I would be all over a Cena run as surly, sadistic vet. Basically MiSu with lots of neon colors.

The Cena stuff works for me because it's a story that doesn't make sense in previous years but does as we've watched time finally catch up with him recently. When he was cutting the promo on the post show it was jarring how much older he looks in closeup. 

That being said it would have been much neater to just have Taker show up at the Rumble to get his revenge on Roman only to be eliminated by Cena. It's simple and it fits Taker's recent characterization as a petty old sore loser. 

• Like 1

I'm all for Cena vs. Nakamura, but that is probably just because I want that match again in a longer, bigger format than what we got the first time. Not to mention its kind of annoying to see Nakamura doing nothing on SDL right now, not even training videos or something.

On 27/02/2018 at 6:59 AM, Niners Fan in CT said:

As mentioned in the RAW thread the tease of Undertaker/Cena got a huge reaction.  I think Cena losing to Nakamura to setup an Undertaker vs. Cena Career Ending Match is the way to go.   Plus,  John can be all "If I don't beat Undertaker at WrestleMania,  I have no career!" 

Zack Ryder: John, you're obsessed with this.  Attitude Adjusting referees?  Fines? You're lucky you weren't suspended, you're lucky you're here at all! You're spiralling down, bro, it's not the end of the world.

This is just an excuse to post my favourite ever video.

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't anyone expects anything other than that - that doesn't mean he might not be able to get a great match out of lazy ass Nakamura

Maybe because he's heading to the big Mania match with AJ he'll be motivated? Hopefully? 

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I don't anyone expects anything other than that - that doesn't mean he might not be able to get a great match out of lazy ass Nakamura

God, that's depressing.  Rusev might not make my long list of 1000 super workers in wrestling, but, yeah, he is probably more likely to have a great match than Nak at this point.   Man, Nak's stock has fallen since he came to WWE.