DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] FEB 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

I can’t figure out how NXT is going to deliver Tomasso vs Johnny Wrestling with Gargano being gone from NXT. A masked gimmick would be dumb. 

I recall an angle where the man who was responsible for retiring another wrestler begged for the retirement to be lifted, but for the life of me I cannot remember who it was. Savage or Flair, maybe? Not sure how they make that work since Almas was the one responsible for Johnny’s loss. 

7 minutes ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

I can’t figure out how NXT is going to deliver Tomasso vs Johnny Wrestling with Gargano being gone from NXT. A masked gimmick would be dumb. 

I recall an angle where the man who was responsible for retiring another wrestler begged for the retirement to be lifted, but for the life of me I cannot remember who it was. Savage or Flair, maybe? Not sure how they make that work since Almas was the one responsible for Johnny’s loss. 

That angle  is as old as I am, I can recall it used several times. Of course, that said, the specifics are escaping me, but I think once was Flair/Rhodes or Flair/Funk and I'm pretty sure they did it in Portland with Playboy Buddy Rose and Rip Oliver, with Rose begging Don Owen to re-instate Oliver so he could get at him.

On 2/27/2018 at 3:55 PM, Peck said:

The Copyright Killer.. I absolutely love it.

Ciampa needs to lose that beard or at least the gray in it, dude looks older than me and I'm damn near twice his age.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, A Guy Named Tracy said:

I mean it's likely simple. Ciampa is such an asshole about it that Regal books an unsanctioned match. In canon, Regal gets righteously passed with BXT heels on occasion.

• RIPPA locked and unpinned this topic