DVDVR Message Board

[NXT] FEB 2018 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Jarek 1-20 is a person to watch.  He's a illusionist and has an interesting look (although he suffers from being skinny fat).  He's one of the those guys who has some raw tools and could use a WWE molding to iron out wrinkles.

6 minutes ago, hammerva said:

So apparently the WWE has sign Mahabali Shera to an NXT contract.  I mean when TNA can't give this keep this guy on their roster.

Impact isn't exactly losing much. Whenever WWE goes back to India, they can throw a title on Shera.

Mahal and Shera could main event a tour as tag champs if they wanted.

Very happy for Buddy Murphy. Would love to see him do a Matt Hardy V1 Cruiserweight type deal. Just hoss the division, with everyone complaining he is over the limit while he is deadlift brainbusting fools left and right.

1 hour ago, DeathyBoy said:

Ya know it blows my mind that NXT has Cole, Strong and Gargano and it's likely none of them will ever be NXT champ. The roster is pretty damn stacked.

After Takeover:Brooklyn, the plan was clearly Drew vs. Adam Cole, but Drew's injury changed that. I'd absolutely be in favor of a title program between Almas and Adam Cole... Bay-Bay, with each of them trying to out cheat the other.

Roderick was hurt by Austin Aries injury. I definitely feel a long tag run was in the cards for them, possibly winning the nxt tag titles.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

After Takeover:Brooklyn, the plan was clearly Drew vs. Adam Cole

Disagree. I think Drew vs Black was the endgame for Mania weekend. 

I think we'd both have solid cases. But at the end of the day, Drew vs Black feels like a Mania weekend clash of the titans whereas Cole is too diminutive against a guy like Drew. Maybe he'd have challenged and been defeated on Rumble weekend, but that's as far as I could imagine that going.

I may be misinterpreting what you mean when you say "the plan."

Also, I feel Roddy was helped by the Aries injury. It eventually led us to the backstory videos and the matches with Roode. Best thing that could have happened to him. 

11 minutes ago, West Newbury Bad Boy said:

Disagree. I think Drew vs Black was the endgame for Mania weekend. 

I think we'd both have solid cases. But at the end of the day, Drew vs Black feels like a Mania weekend clash of the titans whereas Cole is too diminutive against a guy like Drew. Maybe he'd have challenged and been defeated on Rumble weekend, but that's as far as I could imagine that going.

I may be misinterpreting what you mean when you say "the plan."

Well, Adam Cole was going to be challenging Drew at some point based on the end of Takeover:Brooklyn. To me, it seemed like the angle was going to be the "ROH invaders" winning the titles and using the power of having the titles to do things in nxt their way. I feel like the idea of a bigger invasion angle may have been scaled back or dropped all together.

10 minutes ago, Infinit said:

If they planned to do Drew/Cole as the post Rumble Takeover feud, why did they do that title match in San Antonio a few nights before?

House shows are practice runs and non-canon. Probably taped for a future DVD or Network release but was released early because Drew's injury changed the plans.

Regarding the ROH invasion stuff, I suspect it was scaled back because Undisputed Era didn't set the world on fire. But I'm probably projecting my opinions onto the larger narrative... 

We were all convinced that Roddy was turning heel and we were getting the ROH crew trying to take over.

Now I think Undisputed will sit upper midcard and be the top dogs after Mania call ups and setup the big Drew return chase and win back his title.

8 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That's what I was hoping for.

What? No.

I love awkward promo fiery babyface Roddy. He's endearingly average on the mic. I can't help but root for the guy and his hilarious "if I challenge for every title eventually I have to win one" story arc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DeathyBoy said:

What? No.

I love awkward promo fiery babyface Roddy. He's endearingly average on the mic. I can't help but root for the guy and his hilarious "if I challenge for every title eventually I have to win one" story arc.

Dear Lord I want a WWE Hoss Championship now. Roddy could be the new Crash Holly.

15 hours ago, DeathyBoy said:

When/if he moves up to 205, he should team up with TJP and name themselves Medium Blends.