DVDVR Message Board

FEBRUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION.

10 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

Was watching Conan and didn’t change the channel, so The Detour came on. Background noise and as I look up, goddamn Bret Hart is making a cameo, as the hype man in a foxy hockey league. He’s looking for some dude to play with the ladies, and the main character enters the rink. 

Hearing Bret say, “Ooh, and it looks like the Arctic Fox, from Latoya Cuck, tried to check herself but wrecked herself. While she gets her brain unconcussed, We need another cuck to sub in.” was something. 

Probably just paraphrasing Russo after he unsuccessfully tried to re-book Souled Out 2000 due to Goldberg's mule kick

• Haha 1

Cowherd dismissively talked about going to see somebody with a goofy T.L. Hopper style gimmick fight another cartoonish gimmick that hasn't existed in 25 years. I just remember the one time he had Hogan on and how uncomfortable the whole thing was with Cowherd only being able to speculate on all the poon Hogan must have been swimming in when he broke into wrestling. Where's Dr. D when you need him?

2 hours ago, CreativeControl said:

I'm very disappointed the pinstripe suits don't have WOOOO embroidered into them ala Connor McGregor's suit

5981c581599e86c94746f6c987337e3c.png

We Irish have been waiting since the days of Danno O'Mahoney for a champion in fighting sports we could call our own, (Irish Mickey Ward wasn't quite the guy, if you know what I mean), now we get this sorry fuck. What an embarrassment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, OSJ said:

We Irish have been waiting since the days of Danno O'Mahoney for a champion in fighting sports we could call our own, (Irish Mickey Ward wasn't quite the guy, if you know what I mean), now we get this sorry fuck. What an embarrassment.

Hey that movie about Mickey Ward with Christian Bale and Marky Mark was pretty good at least

1 minute ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Hey that movie about Mickey Ward with Christian Bale and Marky Mark was pretty good at least

That it was, still the dude lost fights to Arturo fuckin'g Gatti. 

13 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

At worst, Sting was a better Joker than Jared Leto or Boner from Growing Pains.

How dare you!! I thoroughly enjoyed Andrew Koenig as the Joker. I didn't dig the makeup job with the pointy nose and chin, but I thought he did a good job with the madness, and his delivery of the lines about how Batman made him and left him to rot in Arkham was pretty good. You could have done worse for a 2 minute part in a fan film. They might have hired Jared Leto.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Matt D said:

I hope Flair Steaks are next. 

Nah, brah.  The next step in growing the Ric Flair brand should be some sort of life coaching/relationship advice deal.  Ric could write a relationship book on marriage and parenting, it'd sell a gazillion copies, and from there, it's just a short hop to his own daily talk show on Oprah's network.  Get outta  the way, Dr. Phil!  The Nature Boy is coming through.

Spoiler

(In all seriousness, the idea that people would actually follow Ric's advice on relationships or - worse - parenting is kinda frightening.)

On 2/22/2018 at 1:20 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

That was mean of me. I'm not sure why I went for the easy target of the O's. Maybe because it's spring training and I've got baseball fever. I'll have to send you some loukomades and Mythos as a peace offering.

Cthulhu Mythos?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CreativeControl said:

How is that something to be ashamed of?! Gatti was a warrior

Gatti was an over-rated, terrible boxer. Just because you can take a hell of a beating doesn't mean you're good. Back when I tried my hand at it, I could take a hell of a beating, (being the under-sized kid that got picked on daily when a child will instill that in you), doesn't mean I was any good, truth of the matter is I was bloody awful. The idea is kinda to hit the other guy without getting hit yourself, not to stick your face out there in hopes that the other guy breaks his hand teeing off on your head. I'l give  Gatti (and Ward) this, they were fun to watch. I rather prefer a technical wizard like Arguello, or Lewis to flat-footed brawlers, but that's just me.

6 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Hey what do you guys think Elias' ceiling is? I thought it was a goofy gimmick at first and he was gonna end up like a Sandow type but man I have really been digging his stuff.

If Cena wasn't otherwise occupied (and not going to be around forever) I'd say Elias would get a strong push to be sacrificed to Big Match John before joining Rusev and Bray in the abandoned toys pile. His ceiling is really based on what show he's on with whom and if there's a window of opportunity he can slide into. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FluffSnackwell said:

I only wish I could be so jolly as Christian Bale was when he was smoking crack listening to Dance Hall Days jamming on the boom box.

Have you tried smoking crack and listening to Dance Hall Days?

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Just something to file away for later

Also file away (I only know this because my work has CNBC on all the fucking time), Universal is rumbling about bidding on Sky, throwing a wrench in the Mouse/Fox deal, so Fox might *not* be swimming in that sweet sweet Disney cash, which would affect the WWE's TV Contract, which Universal currently has.   The world is circular.

2 hours ago, OSJ said:

• Haha 1