DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 POST SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Just now, Brian Fowler said:

Would them attacking Ronda have been fair to (Charlotte) Flair?

It's too bad she wasn't in the Rumble this year, as Graves channeling the spirit of Bobby Heenan when getting behind her would have been awesome.

I think one of the best things about Nakamura winning is how badass his Mania entrance is going to be.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

It's too bad she wasn't in the Rumble this year, as Graves channeling the spirit of Bobby Heenan when getting behind her would have been awesome.

I think one of the best things about Nakamura winning is how badass his Mania entrance is going to be.

They can run the Flair gimmick in 2022.

My dream is WWE reach out to Lindsey Stirling and she gets to play Nak to the ring with a violin laser show at Mania.

• Like 1

Steph and Cole sounded like they were calling the Macy's thanksgiving day parade and the research department gave the a list of facts about the Edina hs marching band and how many people it takes to guide the Bullwinkle balloon.

• Like 7
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Rev Ray said:

Steph and Cole sounded like they were calling the Macy's thanksgiving day parade and the research department gave the a list of facts about the Edina hs marching band and how many people it takes to guide the Bullwinkle balloon.

Stephanie calls bumps like an old lady whispering to her husband about a couple arguing in a theater lobby.

"Oh, I think they're fighting!...oooh. She just pushed him. Oh dear. Did she fall down? No she might fall down though. Oh my. Oh now he fell down. Did he push her down? Should we say something?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Was surprised with how well booked most of the men's match was. They managed to avoid the crowd hijacking it and the guy they actually chose was over for once.

I must've been watching a different women's match because it was like watching an extended episode of botchamania. Just awful minus a few standouts.

• Like 1

This wasn't surprising because I've lived through it before but it is still astounding how beautiful and how uncoordinated Kelly Kelly is.  She's like a breathtaking flamingo that was born without any joints in any of its extremities.  And with castors that are permanently locked for feet and hands.

and you see it standing among the pond rushes and you're transfixed by its overwhelming fragile charm. And the it tries to move or feed or anything really and you can't stop laughing at it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 12

During the final 6 "new guard vs old guard" stare down, I like to think Cena's motivational speech to Orton and Rey was just yelling "DIBS ON THE SMALL GUY!" then attacking Balor.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lamp, broken circa 1988 said:

anyone else see the white dude in the taco costume thumbs downing at rey's return

if i was trying to gin up a strawman to represent the US wrasslin fan's Intentional Lucha Blind Spot, even then would I view that as too ridiculous. And yet.

Especially someone in a taco costume.

5 hours ago, sydneybrown said:

Oh, BTW, is Byron Saxton picking Nakamura to win the Rumble the first time in history that an announcer accurately predicted a Royal Rumble finish?

heenan05-5056744-1_2-.0.0.jpg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Overly Critical Man said:

After seeing how he sleptwalk through most of the Rumble, not looking forward to Nakamura being a lazy bum at Wrestlemania.

Because if I'm getting a title match at Wrestlemania that's getting piped back to my home country, my first thought is to MAIL IT IN. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Oyaji said:

Was surprised with how well booked most of the men's match was. They managed to avoid the crowd hijacking it and the guy they actually chose was over for once.

I must've been watching a different women's match because it was like watching an extended episode of botchamania. Just awful minus a few standouts.

Forget the work, it’s a battle royal. It was a Rumble where almost half the participants were surprises and they all got shine moments. That makes it one of the best three or four rumbles ever. That’s like the whole point of these things. 

Remember how there were basically no surprises last year? Madness.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1