DVDVR Message Board

ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 POST SHOW DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

TBF to Michelle McCool, she was one of the few women tall enough with the needed coordination to eliminate others easily. So it made sense to have her take out a few competitors and let her have a nice run.

I try not to get into the looks comparison. But my word, Torrie, Trish, Molly and Jackie looked great tonight.

Loved how the roles flipped for Reigns during the home stretch. When it was down to six, he stood next to Balor and Nak against Cena, Rey and Orton. Old guard vs new guard.  But when it came down to four, Roman was pushed next to Cena as the golden boys. Nice touch to show the duality of Roman's character. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

So a receipt's OK even if it ends up giving Braun Strowman a concussion? 

No but it's also probably what anyone jacked up on adrenaline (and possibly other things) would do in the heat of the moment.  Pretty sure every wrestler has given or taken one. Not saying its right but it's part of the business. 

• Like 1

Apparently Kairi Sane didn't get the memo about how when the countdown starts you're supposed to go to a corner and hug someone until the next entrant makes it to the ring.  She was just out there dropping bombs all the way up until the buzzer.  She was gonna get every bit of her 90 seconds to shine, dammit.

Meanwhile, Becky is on the mat thinking, "Please, don't squash my head while literally no one is paying attention."

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I was disappointed we didn't get a Tamina/Nia Jax face off. They need to be trading headbutts, chops, and savate kicks.

I SO wanted a Kharma/Nia face-off with the GLOW exposure right there.  The Beth comeback was a nice touch though.  I was really impressed with how wrestlers like her who claimed they had retired and could never come back could make a 3-5 minute appearance and you'd never know they hadn't wrestled for years.  

20 minutes ago, sydneybrown said:

I SO wanted a Kharma/Nia face-off with the GLOW exposure right there.  The Beth comeback was a nice touch though.  I was really impressed with how wrestlers like her who claimed they had retired and could never come back could make a 3-5 minute appearance and you'd never know they hadn't wrestled for years.  

I had a friend ask me if anyone from GLOW would be in the Rumble. 

2 hours ago, El Dragon said:

- Corbin going out super early, and just destroying EVERYONE for it. That led to the Elias guitar solo which was perfect.

Oh my god can anyone explain to me the logic in how they book him?

- They build him up in announcing like he's about to get a huge push

- They put him in feuds that are clearly meant to elevate him

- Then in the ring they book him like a comedy heel

- Then after losing, usually hilariously, they have him go on a mini-Strowman rampage like he's about to get a huge push

- Then they announce him like he's getting a huge push

- Then in the ring they book him like a comedy heel

- Then he goes on a rampage like he's about to get a huge push

- then....

• Sad 1