DVDVR Message Board

2018 STUFF ABOUT SPORTS MEDIA THREAD

RIPPA

50 minutes ago, hammerva said:

DC has to be the only major market area where you have a sports radio station called 'TEAM 980' and another one called '106.7 THE FAN'    :lol:

Well I believe DC is the only market to have a sports team owning one of the radio stations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had Warner Wolf as professor at AU for the best course I ever took "Sports Journalism"

I listened to WAY too much Imus and Mike and the Mad Dog growing up

I was a terrible child

What Ian did seems pretty shitty but Chad Dukes (whom I've never heard of) repeatedly calling him a nerd makes him come off as a "brah" type mouth breather of the worst kind.

The Athletic announced today that is had raised $20 million dollars and that it will have a presence in every market with a professional sports team by the end of the year

On 2/26/2018 at 8:37 PM, sabremike said:

What Ian did seems pretty shitty but Chad Dukes (whom I've never heard of) repeatedly calling him a nerd makes him come off as a "brah" type mouth breather of the worst kind.

I thought you said you never heard of him?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/5/2018 at 10:24 AM, RIPPA said:

The Athletic announced today that is had raised $20 million dollars and that it will be completely broke by the end of next year

• Haha 2

The last two weeks of the Dan Le Batard show is the greatest run of shows ESPN has ever produced!

It's hard to imagine that ESPN's biggest radio show/podcast just lead yesterday's national show with a hypothetical debate about hand transplants because Dan no-showed his own gig on an hours notice.

The show races, Greg Cote in the Zardoz costume, Fake Stu Gotz.... just an incredible two week stretch.

Dan showed up on Friday heavily sedated with 10 minutes remaining in the 4 hour show. Just in time to open up the club.

https://twitter.com/LeBatardShow/status/972263627989356544/video/1

I love this ridiculous show.