DVDVR Message Board

2018 NWA THREAD (the Billy Corgan one)

I find it a little odd that the NWA has a protected Twitter account

I also find it odd that they don't have a website

I never noticed these things until just now when I was looking for content to put in this post

On 1/1/2018 at 7:11 AM, RIPPA said:

I find it a little odd that the NWA has a protected Twitter account

I also find it odd that they don't have a website

I never noticed these things until just now when I was looking for content to put in this post

Ya I don’t get that. I know that they have another one which isn’t protected. So I’m not sure why the protected one exists.

It's almost as if pro wrestling stories are really easy to write as long as you play to the strengths of the characters! I am fucking digging this stuff quite a bit. Really fun stuff so far, I can't wait to see Storm's response.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, grilledcheese said:

It's almost as if pro wrestling stories are really easy to write as long as you play to the strengths of the characters! I am fucking digging this stuff quite a bit. Really fun stuff so far, I can't wait to see Storm's response.

This. I’m not surprised by this because Corgan and Lagana did the same thing in TNA in what was their best booking period in history.

Anyone know who Jocephus’s spiritual advisor is? Talk about a perfect fit.

15 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Jocephus's advisor reminds me of Marshall Applewhite, the leader of the Heaven's Gate cult.

No, she's totally Moondragon, the Marvel Comics character.

MU_moondragon.jpg

I am not sure what's better: this or Austin Idol - Mentor Of Champions. 

Billy Corgan, bless your carny heart..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

No, she's totally Moondragon, the Marvel Comics character.

MU_moondragon.jpg

I am not sure what's better: this or Austin Idol - Mentor Of Champions. 

Billy Corgan, bless your carny heart..

Damn it! You beat me to it I should have just made the post instead of chuckling "Here's one only Mark and J.T. will get..." I was just going to post "Moondragon"  with no pic and give the young 'uns something to Google while they're at  work. Speaking of work, I should be writing about R.A. Lafferty instead of fooling around. Had one of those surprise deadlines dropped n me yesterday, I thought I had until the end of the month, but the publisher called and asked "Are you done with the afterword to Book #5." Me: "Uh, no but I'm working on it, when do you need it?" (This is Pelan-speak for "No, it's actually the furthest thing from my mind right now.") "I need iy when I get back to town Sunday night." Long pause... "Can you send me $300 before you take off?" "Yeah, I guess so..."  "The afterword is as good as finished!" I just love conversations like that.

• Like 1

Josephus' mediocrity is more noticeable. But I half expected Storm's daughter to say, "I worship Josephus now!"

The whole Impact Zone bit is so carny, but I love it. I wonder if the ghost of Lance Russell will be there, smoking a cigarette 15 minutes before the competitors show up.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The empty arena match needs Don West calling the action. He can also try to unload those Mark McGwire rookie cards he still has.

GEM MINT 10!!!

So, does this mean Billy and the NWA are working with Impact now or did they just rent the building so Impact could stretch out another show somehow.

They shortened the NWA Twitter they inherited from Tharpe to just @NWA.  I'd assume that they re-registered the old handle and locked it to keep anyone else from snatching it up.

On 1/10/2018 at 3:34 PM, Thibs said:

Anyone know who Jocephus’s spiritual advisor is? Talk about a perfect fit.

I think it's his wife Abriella.  She used to be a cavewoman though.  Maybe she's a shape shifter.

The Owlmen are letting Billy use the Impact Zone cause they think playing nice with everybody will get the nerds to love them.

Spoiler

It won't.

Other than the bell has to ring and the matches won't be any good, I've figured out what I don't like about these Tim Storm videos.  He's always in a suit.  He doesn't strike me as a suit guy.  He doesn't look comfortable at all.

45 minutes ago, BEN! said:

Other than the bell has to ring and the matches won't be any good, I've figured out what I don't like about these Tim Storm videos.  He's always in a suit.  He doesn't strike me as a suit guy.  He doesn't look comfortable at all.

Storm looks like he squeezed into the one suit he has that fit 15 years ago because he has to go to a funeral. He looks like the kind of guy who wears Big Dogs clothing and sandals with socks.

7 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Storm looks like he squeezed into the one suit he has that fit 15 years ago because he has to go to a funeral. He looks like the kind of guy who wears Big Dogs clothing and sandals with socks.

More like jeans,cowboy boots and a t-shirt.