DVDVR Message Board

The "I Can't Believe It's 2018 and I'm Starting Another TNA Thread" Thread

Let's be honest - it is just easier if we all keep calling it TNA

The next TV tapings will occur from 1/10 - 1/15 in Orlando

They appear to be the final tapings for EC3, Bobby Lashley, Eddie Edwards and Laurel Van Ness (and possibly more folks I am forgetting)

I don’t follow TNA but arent EC3, Edwards and Lashley all big parts of the upper card?

Who is even out there that 1. Aren’t signed somewhere else abs 2. Even want to go to TNA to fill in the roster once they all leave?

Just now, Web Conn said:

I don’t follow TNA but arent EC3, Edwards and Lashley all big parts of the upper card?

Who is even out there that 1. Aren’t signed somewhere else abs 2. Even want to go to TNA to fill in the roster once they all leave?

Charismatic babyface Alberto El Patron?  

Eli Drake is still there.  They've been building up John Morrison.  I guess they could throw someone else in Lashley's spot and continue on with America's Top Team.  It hurts them, but i don't really feel like they've even been doing that much with Lashley and Eddie lately to make them indispensable. But, yeah, I dunno who else they build up to fill out the top of the card.  Not many guys out there that will move the needle for American audiences.  I kinda feel like they'll pluck some names from the Canadian indys and try to make them big deals.

15 minutes ago, Godfrey said:

Is Moose still there? They could do a lot worse than giving him a run at the top.

He will be the last guy standing as he re-signed this past summer for 3 years (so he is there until 2020 or the company folds)

And it was one of those TNA "friendly" deals too

Once upon a time, guys like Riddle and WALTER would be good candidates for a TNA run - but they'll have Regal/Papa H in their ear telling them not to.

So it'll have to be Speedball Mike Bailey.

Though unless I'm missing something, I remember we used to quite like Adonis/Masters round here. It's easy to forget he's right there.

26 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

He will be the last guy standing as he re-signed this past summer for 3 years (so he is there until 2020 or the company folds)

And it was one of those TNA "friendly" deals too

That's a shame.  He seemed to be a heartbeat from getting into the WWE.  I kinda assumed he'd work for TNA for awhile. and the publicity around him would die down and WWE would quietly sign him.

On the other hand, he appears to be some sort of domestic abuser.  He's claimed it was an argument that got blown out of proportion.  The police report didn't make him sound like a guy I should be too sympathetic towards and also left open the door that he's a repeat offender who just happened to get caught  that one time.

1 hour ago, България завинаги said:

Once upon a time, guys like Riddle and WALTER would be good candidates for a TNA run - but they'll have Regal/Papa H in their ear telling them not to.

Am I the only one who read that as Papa Hales?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

I had not read that before but yeah, it doesn't sound good. Disregard my previous post, keep the belt on Eli Drake forever.

Yeah, he was arrested on a battery charge when he was in the NFL after a fight with his wife.  WWE supposedly signed him at one point (2016, when he was finishing up with Ring of Honor), then un-signed him when the domestic violence arrest came to light.  Meltzer thought they'd do like they did with Daniel Bryan and quietly bring him in when the scrutiny died down.  Moose claims he was told WWE was just worried about bad pr and would bring him in asap (remember, the domestic violence issue in the NFL was still a big deal a year and a half ago).

But  that was 19 months ago and Moose has tied himself to TNA for three years, so either that story is bogus or Moose thinks they've changed their mind..

Wonder what Lashley will do.  I'd like to see him go back to WWE (he's developed some charisma since his first run), but it sounds like that may not be in the cards.  WWE seems to have some interest on Edwards for NXT, at least, and ECIII seems likely to go back to WWE.  I can see Laurel Van Ness getting over in the women's division.  That character is money.

I've liked Impact since becoming a Canadian indy. I love them using oVe, Sami Callihan, Jimmy Jacobs, and Matt Sydal. They should bring in the Super Smash Brothers, Speedball Mike Bailey, Tyson Dux, and 3.0. If they're willing to deal with Alberto and his baggage, they might as well try to bring in Michael Elgin. At least, it wouldn't cost as much bringing in Elgin since he's from Canada.

1 hour ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I've liked Impact since becoming a Canadian indy. I love them using oVe, Sami Callihan, Jimmy Jacobs, and Matt Sydal. They should bring in the Super Smash Brothers, Speedball Mike Bailey, Tyson Dux, and 3.0. If they're willing to deal with Alberto and his baggage, they might as well try to bring in Michael Elgin. At least, it wouldn't cost as much bringing in Elgin since he's from Canada.

Holy shit, if they brought in 3.0.  They're one of my favorite tag teams.  Not great paramedics, but a great indy tag team.

• Like 1

I know I am extremely late to this but TNA basically has a version of the WWE network on the Roku Pluto TV channel as one of the channels is nothing but TNA stuff.  Like right now they are showing a Best of World Title match and next is some best of British invasion show.   How long has this been around?

44 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I know I am extremely late to this but TNA basically has a version of the WWE network on the Roku Pluto TV channel as one of the channels is nothing but TNA stuff.  Like right now they are showing a Best of World Title match and next is some best of British invasion show.   How long has this been around?

It was the Pro Wrestling Channel on Pluto until a few months back. But even back then it mostly showed TNA. 

I watched TNA this week for the first time in a while.  How long they've been doing the classic match segment (this week was the birth of the Joseph Park character)?  Was it a one-off or do they do it every week? Cuz if it's the latter, I gotta say, having a 20 minute (well, it felt that long...) flashback in the middle of their weekly TV show feels like quite a ripoff, especially when Xplosion airs up here and half of that is usually another "classic" match. 

• Like 1

Last time I watched this I saw an Alberto pretape that was hella scary trying to figure out what he was on. 

I wonder if I randomly send them a box of ring tape every week for several months they’ll ever spare my eyes of the puke green ropes their using now. 

15 hours ago, caley said:

I watched TNA this week for the first time in a while.  How long they've been doing the classic match segment (this week was the birth of the Joseph Park character)?  Was it a one-off or do they do it every week? Cuz if it's the latter, I gotta say, having a 20 minute (well, it felt that long...) flashback in the middle of their weekly TV show feels like quite a ripoff, especially when Xplosion airs up here and half of that is usually another "classic" match. 

It started in November and is usually one a week, but not always that long. I thought this one was a little longer to lead in to the Joseph/Chandler Park segment.

11/9: Team Canada vs. Sonjay/Garza/Amazing Red from the first Impact (full but short match)
11/30: Angle v. Joe (Genesis 06, last few minutes)
12/7: Roode v. Storm (BFG 2012, clips)
12/14: Knockouts Gauntlet (BFG 07 last few minutes)
1/4: Joseph Park's search for Abyss + ending of match v. Bully Ray (Slammiversary 2012)