DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

Full card for Smokey and the Bandido:

• PWG World Champion WALTER defending against Jeff Cobb
  • PWG Tag Team Champions The Rascalz (Zachary Wentz & Dezmond Xavier) defending against LAX (Santana & Ortiz)
  • Hechicero vs. Zack Sabre Jr.
  • Rey Fenix vs. Bandido
  • Darby Allin vs. Joey Janela
  • Brody King vs. Timothy Thatcher
  • Flamita vs. Rey Horus vs. Puma King

Yes please.

• Like 3

They may as well end the show after Fenix/Bandido because the fans will be so burned out after that. Allin vs. Janela is just enabling on Super Dragon's part. Puma being a regular of PWG more than makes up for their pushing Brody King.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:35 AM, Edwin said:

That MLW WarGames match, yikes... This was a notch above their first WarGames match years ago, but still... I don't want to be overly critical, so I'll just leave it at that.

Best part was Schiavone saying they're DESPERATELY OUT OF TIME!! at the end. That got a huge pop out of me.

• Like 2

Good to see them try other states and Wrestlemania weekend is the perfect place to start

I know this isn't a surprise to nobody but go out of your way to 2 Cold Scorpio vs Arik Royal.   No idea you would have how old he is the way he handles the top rope.   And Royal is just having an incredible 2018 everywhere .  If you like wild plunder matches the Hooligans vs Ugly Ducklings in a ducks (yes rubber ducks), ladders, and chair match

Also hoping the Jordynne Grace wasn't seriously injured in the main event against Tracy Williams.  And heard that Joey Janela might have hurt really bad at tonight's GCW show

Went to a local indie last night. It was run by a Puerto Rican magazine so it had a lot of Puerto Rican talent like savio Vega, thunder and lightning and others. Fenix was there and the main was Pentagon vs mil muertes. Never seen mil before live but he was jacked. Fun show that took place at a livestock pavilion. Right up there with the all womens show I saw at a baseball practice complex a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

Anyone know if MLW pays for their cable slot? If they do, they're doomed. If not, they could potentially be a big time player. (I mean, they're not going to run Vince out of business, but they could inconvenience them in a lot of ways. They can definitely cause some problems for ROH. They've already arguably got a deeper roster.)