DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I hate when this happens in indy wrestling. Indy promotions working together = better for the fans

I spent three years feuding with the other two promotion in my region; mostly because "advisors" were playing us off each other for their own personal amusement. When some of those advisors finally got the boot, we were able to work together and it's been pretty amazing the past 3+ years.

Guest Edwin
9 hours ago, Tim Evans said:

The rumor is that Gabe is pulling a DJ hyde and making guys choose between MLW and WWN. Not sure if it's true but seems like it with them dropping the Pricilla/Santana thing and no Stokley last night. 

That explains why Riddle and Darby weren't booked...

That sucks. I know the Priscilla Kelly match originally got scrapped because Priscilla was doing a tour in Japan around the time, but they never rescheduled, so I guess that's true.

They ran an angle where Stokley got kidnapped, so that must have been a way to write him off as he was in the angle building Black Friday Management with Low Ki and that one Samoan guy against MVP.

It's especially frustrating (if true) that Gabe is pulling rank on MLW, since they run their shows on Thursday nights when that is a night of the week that is mostly dark elsewhere, telling his talent they can't work there is literally taking a pay day out of their pockets. 

Dvr-d this past Fridays MLW show on Bein and as much I want Tony Schiavone commentating wrestling in my life in 2018 I could not make it through more then half of the show. 

This is not a slight on Impact wrestling because I’ve been enjoying some of their stuff lately but this show comes off like bargain basement Impact wrestling. 

Guest Edwin

Not sure what everyone thinks about MJF here, but his documentary by Kenny Johnson was released today:

I'm a big fan of the guy, so I'm going to be giving this a watch shortly.

Edit: Watched this. It's unbelievable. Must watch even if you aren't a fan of MJF.

Ooh, ooh, I wanna try:

If Low Ki shoot-kicks himself into unconsciousness, does he pin himself or does he drag himself around so he can still get his shit in?

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Low Ki should have been a great voiceover actor with that voice.

Great voiceover actors can do more than one voice.

• Like 1

So it appears that Smart Mark Video has decided to abandon Youtube as if you go to their channel page they (meaning Smart Mark) has removed all the content

I don't think the state of Virginia is ready for this shit but they better be 

Also announced that NWA World Champion Nick Aldis will be at Night 2 of the Commonwealth Cup.  They were hyping it as he was going to defend his title against a local guy Isiah Frazier but not sure on that

• Like 2

12 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Apparently at the Warrior show in Chicago, they did or are going to do Adonis and Swagger vs Alberto and Rodriguez. 

They did Sam Adonis vs. Aldis for NWA Title and Swagger vs. Alberto for the main event last night. Alberto made Swagger tap out to the armbar. Show also had Brian Cage vs. Eddie Edwards and Pentagon was in a 4 way. It was a fundraiser for youth scholarships. Turn out was pretty big from what I've seen. 

You think Wrestlemania was long, I sat through a 6 1/2(!) hour Women's-only taping today in Pittsburgh for Rise. Some of the Impact crew was there helping to run things and scout(Gail Kim, Josh Mathews, Jimmy Jacobs, Sonjay Dutt & Scott D'Amore). They did a good job throwing some intermissions in so the crowd(probably 300-ish?) didn't get too tired/restless.

Some of the better matches of the day were Nicole Savoy/Delilah Doom, Britt Baker/Tessa Blanchard and Deonna Purrazzo/Xia Brookside. Mercedes Martinez and Baker had a pretty solid match to end the show as well.

Random Rosa Mendes sighting as she showed up and stayed for an hour or so basically taking in the show as a fan(to the point where I don't even think anyone in the crowd recognized her). After doing some research, apparently she lives in Pittsburgh now with her fiance who is one of the guys behind the Blackcraft Wrestling deal(which is running their debut show in Pittsburgh as well in August)

• Like 1