DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

Guest Edwin

It was a given it would be beIN Sports. Awesome. If you're a football fan, then you most likely have beIN already as it airs LaLiga, Serie A, and Ligue 1.

If you don't have beIN Sports, then you can watch it for free live on go 90.

The program will air on Friday nights at 8:00 PM EST starting on April 20 with replys at 11:00 PM. The program will be Friday Night Fury.

Penta and Fénix are going to become roster members as they struck a deal with AAA and LU for them.

New tag champs and a middleweight champ will be crowned later this year. The middleweight title was already mentioned at one of the past shows as Aries mentioned it after he beat ACH and he said he wanted to be in the tournament for it.

2 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

Ah. I have cable, never heard of it.

Comcast/Xfinity has it but it is only in SD (at least in my area)

It is located amongst the Spanish language stations

The only other time I have watched it is the couple of random times the US National Soccer games from a rando Central American country were aired there

the only time I have watched beIN is that they mostly run Sun Belt or Conference USA (can't remember what conference it is) games so I can see Marshall.   But if you are into soccer then I assume you have watched the channel many times.

It might be the only channel tied to wrestling with less exposure than Destination America

Guest Edwin
3 hours ago, hammerva said:

It might be the only channel tied to wrestling with less exposure than Destination America

Less exposure?

Wrestling Revolver added 2 matches to their Mania weekend show:

- Eddie Kingston vs. Juice Robinson

- A 3-way tag team ladder match: Besties in the World vs. Zachary Wentz & Desmond Xavier vs. Aussie Open

10 hours ago, Edwin said:

Less exposure?

DA (in the US) 57,238,000 households (that was in 2015 which is the most recent number)

BEIN Sport (in the US) 22,744,000 households

BEIN Sport (Spanish) (in the US) 18,209,000 households

- Those are both Feb 2017 estimates

So even if you add both of the BEIN Sports channels - it is less than Destination America (and DA's number is probably higher since they have probably added in the last two years)

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, text

I used up my 1 Rasslin show per month budget on Destiny bringing in British Strong Style  but this should be crazy go nuts if it even happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

For those who didn't see - Bix's latest column for Deadspin was about Louisiana's commission's threat to crack down on the Indie shows during Mania week

This is the money quote

As for those exemptions, Green quickly made it clear that WWE is not subject to the move bans, as the commission trusts the competence and training of their wrestlers. With Ring of Honor being a “major league” group now and running UNO Lakefront Arena the night before WrestleMania, he felt the same way about that promotion.

13 hours ago, nofuture said:

Word is the building got sold and is being torn down, making the move necessary.

That saddens me, always liked that little building.  It's going to take a bit for me to to adjust to the new building but it's amazing how it become a mecca for top-quality wrestling in that area.