DVDVR Message Board

2018 INDIE WRESTLING THREAD

10 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

God help me, I like the belt.

I'm glad you said it, I thought I was crazy for liking it.  And if Ellsworth brings the goods like he did against Becky then there's going to be some really entertaining matches.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, hammerva said:

The next in Janela Spring Break show.  While the match itself it pretty awesome, the set up to the announcement is incredible

And this maybe the match that will eclipse WALTER vs. Thatcher for me... :o

Anyone able to pimp some non-Killshot Shane Strickland? He's a guy that's been a bit of a blind spot for me outside of LU that I've been thinking about lately - and not not because of this dope tee design:

Spoiler

shanestrickland1023_3_1-500.jpg

I already have his Progress bouts to get to in the backlog, and I have access to the AAW and Defy (I got a match vs Lio Rush in my Youtube watch later list from there already) catalogs through Demand Progress, and PCW through Amazon Prime.

1 hour ago, Cyanide said:

Anyone able to pimp some non-Killshot Shane Strickland? He's a guy that's been a bit of a blind spot for me outside of LU that I've been thinking about lately - and not not because of this dope tee design:

Reveal hidden contents

I already have his Progress bouts to get to in the backlog, and I have access to the AAW and Defy (I got a match vs Lio Rush in my Youtube watch later list from there already) catalogs through Demand Progress, and PCW through Amazon Prime.

Not particularly great matches, but I've enjoyed his MLW run.

His hardcore and death matches with Jimmy Havoc and Darby Allin have been pretty nuts.

3 hours ago, Cyanide said:

Hide contents

Did I just choose the wrong show, or do all of them have it to where the commentary is 100% louder than everything else? Can't hear the crowd or the ring and it's really throwing me for a loop. Everything besides the commentary is basically muted.

1 hour ago, Casey said:

Did I just choose the wrong show, or do all of them have it to where the commentary is 100% louder than everything else? Can't hear the crowd or the ring and it's really throwing me for a loop. Everything besides the commentary is basically muted.

Huh! I haven't checked any of their shows out (literally remembered they were the ones with the Amazon hook-up while writing my initial post), but boy that sounds awful.

8 hours ago, Edwin said:

Has anyone watched any of the non WWN co-promoted GCW events? They have some pretty odd/intriguing cards.

Depends on how much you enjoy deathmatches. They're one of my favorite promotions, but a lot of their oddball dream matches don't produce in the way similar stuff in AIW does. The Gage vs. Tremont series was amazing, pretty much all the Gage stuff to be honest. His match with Riddle is really cool and bizarre, and his matches with Ciclope and Miedo Extremo are both wild. Some of my favorite other stuff from Game Changer last year was Reed Bentley and John Wayne Murdoch's run with the tag belts. Matches with the Viking War Party and Markus Crane and Jimmy Lloyd were both awesome, wild brawls. Alex Colon has also really come into his own as a garbage worker there after years of being a middling indy spotfest guy. His matches with Crane and G-Raver (another very consistent psychopath) are both top notch deathmatch bullshit.

16 hours ago, bucky said:

Depends on how much you enjoy deathmatches. They're one of my favorite promotions, but a lot of their oddball dream matches don't produce in the way similar stuff in AIW does. The Gage vs. Tremont series was amazing, pretty much all the Gage stuff to be honest. His match with Riddle is really cool and bizarre, and his matches with Ciclope and Miedo Extremo are both wild. Some of my favorite other stuff from Game Changer last year was Reed Bentley and John Wayne Murdoch's run with the tag belts. Matches with the Viking War Party and Markus Crane and Jimmy Lloyd were both awesome, wild brawls. Alex Colon has also really come into his own as a garbage worker there after years of being a middling indy spotfest guy. His matches with Crane and G-Raver (another very consistent psychopath) are both top notch deathmatch bullshit.

I don't mind death matches, as long as they're not just cutting themselves with scissors for the sake of cutting themselves with scissors.

They've had some interesting matches this year on both of their shows -- the Rejects vs. the Headhunters, Ciclope vs. Joey Janela, etc. so I'm definitely going to purchase both.

Thanks!