DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2018 WRESTLING DISCUSSION

RIPPA

32 minutes ago, Captain Kronos said:

I feel like unless she's been training secretly for the last year, they need to be careful with how they use Ronda for a while. Putting her in a big singles match too soon will expose her and possibly ruin everything.

She started training with Brian Kendrick last year before continuing her training at the PC.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Red is Dead said:

Please let it be the end of Kevin Dunn.

Maybe Borash won't miss Sami Zayn hitting Heath Slater in the Rumble fucking up the continuing sight gag of all the entrants kicking or punching slater on the outside on their way into the ring. Dunn must of helped Vince bury a hooker in the dessert  once.

Bringing in Borash on the production side is a big coup for WWE. I can't believe how many TNA alumni there really is in WWE right now.

I'm guessing his hiring will be mostly related to Matt Hardy at least at first. I'm guessing we're getting a proper Broken/Woken segment for Mania and they want to have the Hardy/Borash team to do it right. 

4 minutes ago, hammerva said:

You mean the same one that tried to train Eva Marie?  

Brian Kendrick or the PC? And what does this comparison even mean? Eva Marie and Ronda Rousey - what's the difference between those two?

I fucking can't stand Coachman. He's the worst. He sucked last night too. Somehow I forgot about Coachman talking shit about how WWE would never hire Ronda Rousey until Meltzer brought up their argument.

Now, this isn't the good part. The good part is in the replies to that tweet that actually contain Coachman's tweets about Ronda.

• Like 2

Well unless that was a complete work Eva Marie got her training in that comeback from Brain kendrick.   Maybe she went to the Performance Center after she started to get used more in NXT.  I don't know.    but it was basically taking a F talent wrestler and making her a D+ wrestler.   Although if Kendrick was responsible for her character build up then he should get a gold star.

And yes Rousey is 1000 times more athletic so that helps.  but I am not sure "She has been trained by Brian Kendrick" is cause of optimism.  Stick her in the Sara Del Day and Sara Stock learning tree for a long long time.  

Well, that's what I was getting at. Eva Marie didn't have an ounce of athleticism. Still doesn't. Eva Marie was never going to get or understand anything about wrestling other than being a body. Ronda at least wants to be a wrestler, is a great athlete, and has extensive grappling and judo experience. I'm a million times more confident that Ronda will be a better wrestler than Eva Marie. That's a low bar, but Ronda would have to be the worst ever to come in with her past experience and with training for about a year to somehow be worse than Eva Marie. Hell, what's "league average" for women's wrestlers in WWE? Ronda's probably as good as that.

• Like 1

The ESPN shitting or downplaying of  Rousey is kind of pathetic.  You spent a good couple years selling her as this incredible once in a lifetime female athlete and then she lost two in a row and she was a bum to them.  maybe if you had someone at ESPN who knew anything about MMA then you would have known that while she was incredible at judo and pretty good at wrestling she was awful at everything else.   Partly because of terrible training.  

46 minutes ago, Sublime said:

I'm guessing his hiring will be mostly related to Matt Hardy at least at first. I'm guessing we're getting a proper Broken/Woken segment for Mania and they want to have the Hardy/Borash team to do it right. 

Seems that way

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Web Conn said:

Maybe Borash won't miss Sami Zayn hitting Heath Slater in the Rumble fucking up the continuing sight gag of all the entrants kicking or punching slater on the outside on their way into the ring. Dunn must of helped Vince bury a hooker in the dessert  once.

Somehow I believe both spellings.

• Haha 9

Senior Benjamin was in the newest WWE 24. He didn't say anything he was in the background backstage as The Big Show was hugging the Hardys. It's the first step in the Broken Universe finally coming to WWE full tilt.

2 hours ago, Captain Kronos said:

Kind of digging on Carmella right now. Does she have any good matches, or she really just about character work?

Mostly character work. She is ok in the ring, but you shouldn't expect something truly worthwhile from her.

• Like 1

I was thinking about this the other day so I figured it out (why I don't know)

Carmella has held the briefcase for 215 days (that is starting from the 1st MITB win. Subtract 2 days if you only want to count from the 2nd win)

She is currently the 4th longest to wait to cash in

Edge - 280

Rollins - 273

Ziggler - 267

If she doesn't cash in until Fastlane that is 256 days. If she waits to Mania, that is 277.

She technically can do her cash in at the next MITB and still be within her year since MITB is on 6/17/18 and last year's MITB was 6/17/17 (and she gets two more days if you count from the 2nd win)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Eivion said:

Mostly character work. She is ok in the ring, but you shouldn't expect something truly worthwhile from her.

I figured it was something like that. She's still entertaining.

24 minutes ago, nofuture said:

Carmella's best match was against Bayley in NXT.

Thx. I will check it out. 

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Carmella has held the briefcase for 215 days (that is starting from the 1st MITB win. Subtract 2 days if you only want to count from the 2nd win)

Edge - 280

Rollins - 273

Ziggler - 267

If she doesn't cash in until Fastlane that is 256 days. If she waits to Mania, that is 277.

She technically can do her cash in at the next MITB and still be within her year since MITB is on 6/17/18 and last year's MITB was 6/17/17 (and she gets two more days if you count from the 2nd win)

I have this sinking feeling that ronda vs charlotte will happen at WM, a knock down drag out affair, with someone just winning - both down on the canvas, and Carmella cashes in. Give her that moment, at least, as the first winner of the briefcase. start the tradition off right...

What is ESPN saying about Rousey?  Other than last night's Kansas game, I've been too busy to watch much ESPN.  I take it they're saying something negative about her.

I did hear that someone (don't remember who, or if they worked for ESPN) say that Rousey must really hate herself to go from MMA to fake fighting.  I don't entirely disagree.  I doubt she hates herself, but I don't get it either.  If she's just coming in as a special attraction a la Brock, that's one thing.  If she's really coming in full-time, it's a head  scratcher.  I assume she could make a lot of money by agreeing to fight for UFC a couple more times.  If not, well, she's built her brand well enough that she should have plenty of other career options.

I still think Vince blackmailing her makes as much sense as anything, lol.  Maybe that body Kevin Dunn helped Vince bury was originally in her dessert.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Edge - 280

Rollins - 273

Ziggler - 267

I would like very, VERY much if she brained Rousey with the briefcase immediately after she takes the belt off Charlotte and cashed in. 

11 minutes ago, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

What is ESPN saying about Rousey?  Other than last night's Kansas game, I've been too busy to watch much ESPN.  I take it they're saying something negative about her.

I did hear that someone (don't remember who, or if they worked for ESPN) say that Rousey must really hate herself to go from MMA to fake fighting.  I don't entirely disagree.  I doubt she hates herself, but I don't get it either.  If she's just coming in as a special attraction a la Brock, that's one thing.  If she's really coming in full-time, it's a head  scratcher.  I assume she could make a lot of money by agreeing to fight for UFC a couple more times.  If not, well, she's built her brand well enough that she should have plenty of other career options.

I still think Vince blackmailing her makes as much sense as anything, lol.  Maybe that body Kevin Dunn helped Vince bury was originally in her dessert.

Why do people keep saying this is a head scratcher or are mystified why she would go from MMA to WWE.

First of all, she's done with fighting. It's clear to everyone else and most importantly Ronda Rousey that the MMA game passed her by. For a long while there was no one on her level. Now you can pick out multiple fighters, not just the two that have beaten her, that are better than her.

Secondly, she's been a wrestling fan for forever now. She's wanted to do this for awhile. The acting shit is a cash grab. Getting into pro wrestling is basically following a dream hence why she wants to do this full time. Whether or not Vince and creative books her full time on the house shows AND weekly TV is another thing.

• Like 2

I think working house shows would help her improve immensely as it's mat time, she gains experience and its on a smaller scale. Even if it's the rookie shows in Florida in front of 200 people it's still a good idea. That way she is ready come Mania. performing in front of a large crowd isn't the issue she knows how to do that, it's working the crowd and being able to have a wrestling match.