DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2017 - WEEK 17

RIPPA

Given that the Jets are starting Hackenburg against the Pats and the Patriots usually don't take the foot off the gas no matter the record, I think being content with the #2 seed is fine.  Everyone knows that Ben is one play away from a season ending injury 

7 hours ago, sabremike said:

The sound you hear is @Dewar drinking a gallon of bleach.

Nope. I like Bowles a lot. The Jets were in salary cap hell coming into this season, and since they knew they were not going to be a playoff team, they took the measures needed (cutting and trading guys) to deal with it. Sure, they only have five wins, but they had chances to win at least four more games. Keep drafting quality players, get a better quarterback, and I think they are on the right track.

14 hours ago, Dewar said:

Nope. I like Bowles a lot. The Jets were in salary cap hell coming into this season, and since they knew they were not going to be a playoff team, they took the measures needed (cutting and trading guys) to deal with it. Sure, they only have five wins, but they had chances to win at least four more games. Keep drafting quality players, get a better quarterback, and I think they are on the right track.

If they had a coach who knew how to actually coach they very well could've won those 4 games and been in the playoffs. Bowles may be the worst in game coach in the entire league.

2 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Weren't people predicting the Jets to be the worst team in the NFL going into the season? With possibly the worst offense ever?

There's no question they overachieved and keeping the GM was a no brainer. Bowles may be a great motivator but he is just an awful coach when it comes to actual games. When you watch their games you end up saying "what in God's name was he thinking with that call/decision?" at least a half dozen times and usually more than that.

38 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I've found your problem.

You actually watched Jets games.

I live in New York and don't feel like spending $300 for the NFL package. I don't really have a choice.

I never bought the Jets as the bottom of the league team, in the same league with Cleveland, an Andrew Luck-less Colts, and the 49ers (who I didn't see having a huge resurgance with a new QB). If nothing else they play a hard nosed brand of football that was going to steal a couple wins against more talented teams having a lazy day.

Some early coaching rumors:

Jim Schwartz is the favorite to get the Giants job

Raiders are rumored to be going after Jon Gruden

Tom Cable rumored to be on the Colts list

Bruce Arians expected to retire

Mike Mularkey has to get to the second round of the playoffs to save his job

16 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I hate the NFL. Since they moved all the games I care about to 4 PM, now at 1 PM its just a bunch of games that mean nothing.

I would have had a decent shot at the Buffalo game at 11, but now I am going to have to go to a sports bar. Not that its such a burden, but it still sucks. . . .

22 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I hate the NFL. Since they moved all the games I care about to 4 PM, now at 1 PM its just a bunch of games that mean nothing.

When you look at the games there are a ton of rivalry games in the 1:00 hour.  Who knew that pretty much none of them would mean anything 

Landry Jones doing Landry Jones things.  

10 minutes ago, hammerva said:

When you look at the games there are a ton of rivalry games in the 1:00 hour.  Who knew that pretty much none of them would mean anything 

Landry Jones doing Landry Jones things.  

They knew, because they moved the three games that meant something for the playoffs from 1 PM to 4 PM to leave the void. If Jets/Pats or Giants/Redskins had playoff implications, they would have moved them instead. Seems like an odd time to defend they league, they admittedly moved every meaningful game for the playoffs out of the 1 PM timeslot for the first time ever, it wasn't a pre-determined thing back in August. Now I have to watch Steelers/Browns instead of the Ravens, Bills, or Titans. Hooray.

Not sure who is more worried right now:  Hue Jackson after telling people last year he would jump in Lake Erie if they went winless this year or Eagles fans realizing that Nick Foles is your playoff QB.  He really has looked like shit except for that Giants game