DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 (Jan 28, 2018)

RIPPA

Also - I knew the roster was huge but good lord.  They have enough people to fill 2 Rumbles and still throw out a bunch of multi-man matches on top of that.

I almost miss the days where the Rumble PPV's were just the best in shape dudes working singles matches before doing double duty in the Rumble. 

On 1/8/2018 at 12:28 PM, Casey said:

:rolleyes: yeah fuck me for thinking Lana, a manager, and Carmella, who already has a championship match anytime she wants it, being in the Royal Rumble is dumb. Never mind the fact that Meltzer said Ronda is in Bogota filming a movie and it's unlikely, but hey, go ahead and be that guy!

I didn't realize Rousey is in Colombia, but Because she's shooting there right now doesn't mean there wasn't agreements for travel made. And let's face it, as far as debuts and taking bumps, a Rumble isn't a bad way to throw out that she's there, even if it's an in and out kinda deal if that's where she's gonna end up. Granted, from what you say, slim possibility. But we know they've done crazier shit for a rumble appearance.

Is it too much to hope for Black to be put in as a surprise entrant, since getting eliminated wouldn't technically count as a loss and would whet the main roster for him debuting at some point in 18, or do you think they pull him out as a surprise entrant for the Andre at Mania?

6 hours ago, Zac_Fu said:

Is it too much to hope for Black to be put in as a surprise entrant, since getting eliminated wouldn't technically count as a loss and would whet the main roster for him debuting at some point in 18, or do you think they pull him out as a surprise entrant for the Andre at Mania?

Neither - he needs his full entrance upon debut.

• Like 1

Re. the Bellas being in the match - Total Divas always comes off as a complete work and what's going on there took place back during Summerslam, but last night's episode featured the Bellas talking to Carano about wanting to do stuff on-screen once again.  He mentions to them the possibility of being active between the Rumble and WM, so take that for what it's worth.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I really wish Gallows and Anderson we're getting the tag title shot at the Rumble, even though I love The Bar.

It could turn into a 3 or 4 way match since Titus Worldwide beat the Bar and Good Brothers could pick up a win that makes Angle change the match. Remember it was Usos vs. Gable/Shelton at the last PPV until New Day beat Gable/Shelton then Rusev Day beat New Day to make it a 4 way. 

Regarding the women’s Rumble, there are 19 women’s roster members besides champions Alexa Bliss and Charlotte. They are Natalya, Naomi, Ruby Riott, Alicia Fox, Mandy Rose, Sonya Deville, Liv Morgan, Sarah Logan, Dana Brooke, Asuka, Sasha Banks, Bayley, Carmella, Tamina, Lana, Nia Jax, Becky Lynch, Mickie James and Paige. Paige may not be cleared to participate by then. NXT talent has been told that nine women on the NXT roster will be in the Rumble but the decision on which nine hasn’t been made. If that’s the case, that leaves two or three spots left for women from the past, perhaps one more if Brooke isn’t booked as a wrestler since she’s been more in the manager role for Titus O’Neil & Apollo Crews, although she was in the ring as a wrestler when Stephanie McMahon made the Rumble announcement. It is clear that some will be brought in. That could include the Bellas since a return together at the Rumble would make for a good storyline and they are on the Raw leading into the Rumble, a Ronda Rousey surprise or literally anyone from the past.

They showed a clip of Angle talking to someone from the past about bringing her in for the Rumble. There are reports stemming from PW Insider listing Michelle McCool and Molly Holly (Nora Greenwald) as possible participants. McCool makes sense since she’s the wife of Undertaker and he’s training for his own comeback so they could train together for a return. Holly would be a surprise, if only because if you only had three or so spots for stars from the past, based on their name value, neither she nor McCool would be near the top of that list. Still, every surprise in the Rumble gets over easily because that’s one of the things the crowd comes to see.

Latest WON