DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 (Jan 28, 2018)

RIPPA

46 minutes ago, Beech27 said:

I worry that remembering her will just equate to remembering her old stable boss, and chanting accordingly.

Eh maybe.  I mean, if AJ Lee comes out, then all bets are off.   

Personally, I'd like to see Victoria take one of those legends spots.  And if she's fixed her relationship with everyone in WWE, Kharma. 

BTW - going into SDL tonight, the only active main roster women who aren't in the Rumble yet are Becky, Dana and Alicia.

I am assuming Becky gets officially entered tonight.

I feel like Dana and Alicia are gonna be "Well you are in if we can't find anyone else" which definitely sucks, especially for Alicia

9 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Eh maybe.  I mean, if AJ Lee comes out, then all bets are off.

I will maintain it would be hilarious if she's in it and then the audience goes nuts for Punk only to have him not be there.

I highly doubt it happens because of the strained relationship with Punk, her physical damage, and a likely mutual lack of interest... But God I'd love to see it just to fuck with the people who still won't stop chanting for him.

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Per reports - the following person may or may not have been the person Kurt Angle was talking to last night but will be in the Women’s Royal Rumble

Hide contents

Serena Deeb

Pretty sure Angle was talking about Trish considering the hasn't wrestled in years comment, her congratulations on twitter when the women's Rumble announced, followed by her immediate talking about lacing up her boots. Never cared for Deeb much so it would be a little disappointing to see her back.

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Personally, I'd like to see Victoria take one of those legends spots.  And if she's fixed her relationship with everyone in WWE, Kharma. 

Didn't Kharma leave WWE on generally solid terms?

35 minutes ago, BrianS81177 said:

Isn't Nikki Bella's neck pretty fucked up? And Brie's got a 7 month old baby to take care of. Why do people think they're both going to be in?

Because they need bodies and both have talked about training to return to the ring.

Plus the WWE still lists both on the roster and it’s a Battle Royale - it’s not like either has to do much (if included)

14 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Also - on the radio show, Meltzer said the number of spots for "legends" in the Women's Rumble is between 2-4 because "a lot" of NXT women will be in it.

Who knows what "a lot" means but based on all the math we have been doing in the thread - I would say a half dozen

This is disappointing. The Royal Rumble match always needs surprise participants, it's one of the things you look forward to.  More than less preferring.

Think of the best surprise entrant in John Cena as #30 winning the 2008 Royal Rumble match at MSG. Cena is cheered then the fans resort back to type booing him!

17 minutes ago, The Natural said:

This is disappointing. The Royal Rumble match always needs surprise participants, it's one of the things you look forward to.  More than less preferring.

Think of the best surprise entrant in John Cena as #30 winning the 2008 Royal Rumble match at MSG. Cena is cheered then the fans resort back to type booing him!

Why is 2-4 surprise entrants disappointing?  They don't need half the Rumble to be former Superstars.  They should be showcasing and getting over their newer talent.  4 max seems to be a decent amount of surprise entrants.

I will say this.  If WWE wants to run an all-women's WrestleMania main event, Ronda Rousey would be the key to doing so.  If Ronda Rousey is WWE bound and shows up at the Rumble, she should win and face Charlotte at WrestleMania.  That's an easy PPV main event that people will believe in and get behind.  Rousey is a huge PPV draw, and it would be a huge major event.  Just saying, it ticks off a ton of boxes, and what better way to set up the first ever all women's WrestleMania main event with the former baddest woman on the planet and UFC champion against the heir apparent to Ric Flair who has become a huge superstar in her own right.  Charlotte's already proven she can be reliable in such a spot.

4 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Why is 2-4 surprise entrants disappointing?  They don't need half the Rumble to be former Superstars.  They should be showcasing and getting over their newer talent.  4 max seems to be a decent amount of surprise entrants.

I hoped for a little more, 6. I agree with you about the newer talent getting their due.

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

I hoped for a little more, 6. I agree with you about the newer talent getting their due.

I find six surprise entrants is excessive.  In 2016, I think the only two surprise entrants were AJ Styles and Sami Zayn.   Everyone knew Triple H was beating Roman Reigns that night.  I'd love it if Ivory could show up and be a part of it because IMHO she deserves it, but she's also 57 and she might not be up for such a performance. If Trish and Lita are down and ready to do it, I say great, but honestly I don't think it even needs more than that for two classic icons.  Trish and Lita.

6 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Isn't Nikki Bella's neck pretty fucked up? And Brie's got a 7 month old baby to take care of. Why do people think they're both going to be in?

There isn't any reason someone that has a seven month old baby can't work, I think Bryan could watch the kid for a day. Serena Williams already is back playing tennis, just for a sports example, but there are millions of mothers in the country with babies that still have jobs. So if she still wants to wrestle I don't see why she couldn't be in the Rumble.

7 hours ago, The Natural said:

I remember Haku from the 2001 Royal Rumble match, Mick Foley in 2004, Roddy Piper in 2008 and Foley again that year.

I'll see you and raise.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/mr-perfect-enters-royal-rumble-match-at-no-25-royal-rumble-2002

...and JR, Perfect's first Rumble appearance was 1989, not '93.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

My surprise wish list be: Trish, Lita, Victoria, Molly Holly, Madusa and Beth Phoenix.

The only change I'd make is Kharma over Lita. It would be a fun moment for Kharma and Nia Jax to face off or a three way face off between Nia, Kharma, and Tamina.

• Like 1