DVDVR Message Board

WWE ROYAL RUMBLE 2018 (Jan 28, 2018)

RIPPA

On 12/28/2017 at 2:53 PM, Keep Calm, Akira Hokuto On said:

People think Stephanie spends her spare time admiring her stuffed Lindberg baby and making a coat out of the 102nd dalmation.   Why are you surprised?

Personally, I think Stephanie gets a lot less grief if she was male.

Nah, she gets grief because she interjects herself into everything thinking it help gets everyone over.

She is one of those people who overdo it on social media thinking it makes them more important.

You know your ego is too big when Linda is doing her testimony to be approved as head of the SBA and you think it is a good idea to do a selfie.

To be honest, I think she books herself because Vince was the one to always get his comeuppance in the end.  Vince and Hennan understood the need to put the face over at the end of the show.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

While Lana isn't particularly good at wrestling, the idea of her and Rusev winning their respective Royal Rumble would be amazing. It's nice to have a dream.

I kind of want the Women's Rumble to be the main event just so we can get guest commentary from Rusev who is elated that Lana made it to the final four.

• Like 3

We all know Liv Morgan is going to win the Women’s Royal Rumble so let’s just all accept it and move on. :D

Only thing I’m worried about during that match is if they can take over the top rope eliminations and not botch them. This would be the only time I ever complain about someone’s height, like Alexa (even though she won’t be in that match unless she loses the title before then).

I’m super excited about that match, though. I hope they give the win to someone new (coughlivmorgancough) over a featured player like Sasha, Bayley, Becky, etc.

• Like 1

Here's the updated list of Royal Rumble entrants. Both matches will take place in Philadelphia on January 28th:

Men's Royal Rumble (6)
Elias
Randy Orton
Shinsuke Nakamura
John Cena
Finn Balor
Baron Corbin

Women's Royal Rumble (14)
Naomi
Asuka
Ruby Riott
Natalya
Sasha Banks
Bayley
Paige
Mandy Rose
Sonya Deville
Liv Morgan
Sarah Logan
Carmella
Tamina
Lana

• Thanks 1

Basically the only women on the roster who haven't declared yet are:

The two champs (who aren't in it)

Dana Brooke

Becky Lynch

Alicia Fox

Mickie James

Nia Jax

The Bellas (who are both still listed on the WWE website)

On ‎02‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 10:32 PM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Announced after the main event of today's Smackdown:  

2 on 1 Handicap Match For the WWE Championship: AJ Styles (c) vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn

So like... Owens and Zayn are operating as a tag team, and if they win the match, whoever gets the pin/submission becomes the champion?

Just asking because I'm not sure there's a precedent for a handicap match with a singles title on the line.

On 02/01/2018 at 11:39 PM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Stephanie understands the need to put over her face, and her one smile at the end.

In Steph's defence, when man on woman violence was allowed she got her ass kicked constantly. 

And as she doesn't interact with the women much, it's going to stay that way.

But even then she still gets sporadic comeuppance. 

23 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - it seems that basically the difference between that and a 3-way is that KO and Sami can't pin each other and win

So they'd be in the ring at the same time.  Not tagging.  Ok.

1 hour ago, S.K.o.S. said:

So like... Owens and Zayn are operating as a tag team, and if they win the match, whoever gets the pin/submission becomes the champion?

Just asking because I'm not sure there's a precedent for a handicap match with a singles title on the line.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - it seems that basically the difference between that and a 3-way is that KO and Sami can't pin each other and win

So it’s kind of like that Austin vs Kane vs Taker match where Kane and Taker couldn’t pin each other.  IIRC, that was billed as a triple threat, not a handicapped match.

• Like 1

On 1/2/2018 at 1:32 PM, Overly Critical Man said:

I mean, Stephanie usually gets her comeuppance at WrestleMania.

• Ate a tope from Daniel Bryan.
  • Got put into an armbar from Rousey
  • Took a spear from Roman
  • Got put through a table by Seth Rollins

Stephanie needs a Stone Cold to her Vince. She needs one crazy ass woman to beat the shit out of her on a daily basis. A woman who could give less of a fuck and really just spit on her face anytime Stephanie tries to dress her down because that is the issue. Stephanie tears down people a monthly basis and basically emasculates them. A woman that won't kiss her, her husband's, or her broke down ass dad. It has to be a woman too because this is not the attitude era where women get put through tables for any given reason. 

Nikki Cross needs to be in the main roster yesterday.

• Like 4