DVDVR Message Board

WWE Mixed Match Challenge

ChesterCopperpot

7 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

I just find it highly unlike that Asuka goes over Charlotte both here and at WrestleMania.  I guess The Miz beating Roode is fine. 

I’ve thought for a while Asuka wins here and Charlotte beats her and ends the streak at mania. 

I think the neatest thing to do would be to pull Asuka from the match citing a mystery attack and tease it was Charlotte. But that's only given that they booked themselves into a corner, unless they're treating MMC like it's in a vacuum from everything else going on. Obviously Charlotte and Bobby beating Miz and a substitute is an underwhelming finale.

49 minutes ago, (BP) said:

I think the neatest thing to do would be to pull Asuka from the match citing a mystery attack and tease it was Charlotte. But that's only given that they booked themselves into a corner, unless they're treating MMC like it's in a vacuum from everything else going on. Obviously Charlotte and Bobby beating Miz and a substitute is an underwhelming finale.

That went out the window when they built an entire match around Asuka being terrified her streak was going to end

Okay, yeah, I'd just get Asuka out of the match. It can be a knee injury from an unknown assailant to tease jeopardy for the Figure 8. After WM turn one of them heel. Either Charlotte attacked her or Asuka faked the injury to get out of the MMC and as a psychological tactic for the championship match.  Of course, that's if WWE is willing to let a heel be a heel and screw up a charity exhibition tournament. 

17 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Charlotte over Asuka in any capacity makes no sense. It's like building up Brock for 3 years to be fed to Roman. Nobody cares 

They would be idiots not to ride the streak out for awhile.  I just caught up on all the episodes and that crowd was FREAKING OUT at the Bliss/Asuka nearfalls and this is just a meaningless mixed tag tournament. 

On 30/03/2018 at 2:53 AM, (BP) said:

Okay, yeah, I'd just get Asuka out of the match. It can be a knee injury from an unknown assailant to tease jeopardy for the Figure 8. After WM turn one of them heel. Either Charlotte attacked her or Asuka faked the injury to get out of the MMC and as a psychological tactic for the championship match.  Of course, that's if WWE is willing to let a heel be a heel and screw up a charity exhibition tournament. 

or we can have Charlotte fake an injury, so Becky is the replacement and takes the fall.

• Like 1

I did have a funny thought during the match. Could Carmella have cashed in after this match or does it have to be after a singles match? 

Imagine how they could have screwed with Mania if Carmella won the belt and then had to face Asuka instead of Charlotte. 

9 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I did have a funny thought during the match. Could Carmella have cashed in after this match or does it have to be after a singles match? 

Imagine how they could have screwed with Mania if Carmella won the belt and then had to face Asuka instead of Charlotte. 

It doesn't even have to necessarily be during any kind of match. Off the top of my head, I know Edge lost the belt in street clothes after Batista beat him down and Punk cashed in his contract. 

This may effect my lefty card, but the one thing that bothered me about this tournament is that the women were freely allowed to interact vs the men with no impunity, but I assume the reverse would not have been. Its okay for Charlotte to put the figure four on the mix, but not the other way around? 

Not looking for Braun to squash Bayley or Sasha or see Alexa take an implant DDT, but I didn't care for the double standard. 

I think they're trying to condition their audience, many of whom have likely never seen intergender wrestling, to see men selling for women as normal and viable. If a scale is tilted severely one way from years of unbalanced distribution, the quickest way to find balance isn't to add equal weight to both sides, but to heavily bias that which is lighter.

48 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

This may effect my lefty card, but the one thing that bothered me about this tournament is that the women were freely allowed to interact vs the men with no impunity, but I assume the reverse would not have been. Its okay for Charlotte to put the figure four on the mix, but not the other way around? 

Not looking for Braun to squash Bayley or Sasha or see Alexa take an implant DDT, but I didn't care for the double standard. 

It's the same for the WWE 2K games as well in fact even if the ref is bumped and down on the mat if the male touches the female wrestler by knocking her off the apron he draws a DQ.