DVDVR Message Board

Your Royal Rumble match prediction

Matt788

The Royal Rumble is on January 28th at the Wells Fargo in Philadelphia.

I feel it would be interesting for us to predict a winner of the Rumble match itself, before any direct television build to it has begun. While it is still a month away.  So let's say you have until the end of December to make a prediction for the winner in this thread. Thanks for participating I'm interested to read your predictions.

Who is going to the main event at Wrestlemania??

(Also a reminder don't listen to Meltzer's Sunday WOL the day of the Rumble. Last year he gave the finish away right before the show. I love Meltzer but that was awful.)

A 3MB showdown would be awesome!  Jinder is placed on a different level than the other 2 so I hope it wouldn't end with Jinder just disposing of his old partners. There are a number of good ways they could do it though. 

I hope Nakamura wins I really do Nak vs AJ at Mania would be cool as F.

Cena's gonna break the record but I don't want it to happen at Mania, I'd rather see Nakamura win the Rumble. The last 4 Rumbles have been lackluster (Batista, Roman Reigns, Triple H and Randy Orton) I wanna see something new and fresh like Shinsuke Nakamura winning the match.

My plan: Tye Dillinger in at #1, Braun Strowman at #2, Strowman destroys him, leaving him laying on the floor, maybe through a table.  Strowman goes on a solid 10 or so elimination rampage.  Then Ambrose comes out, fights him to a semi-standstill, as soon as Strowman almost eliminates him, Rollins' music hit and he helps Ambrose, Strowman gets the advantage on him and all three team up on Strowman, then Triple H comes out and helps The Shield eliminate Strowman, then he leaves them.  The Shield, now lustily booed after causing Strowman's elimination, go on a big run of eliminating guys until Finn Balor comes out, Balor stands outside the ring, lights go out, come back on with Gallows and Anderson beside him, Balor Club comes in and destroys the Shield, Balor eliminating himself in the melee doing a dive onto the Shield.  Samoa Joe comes out, ring fills up with about 10 or so mostly Smackdown guys, Randy Orton is #30, Joe and Orton gradually eliminate everyone, Joe and Orton face off, Joe almost gets Orton out, who reverses it, Orton celebrates waiting for the music to hit, complains when it doesn't as the camera pans to show Dillinger getting to his feet, Orton RKOs him as soon as he steps through the ropes celebrates around the ring, goes to eliminate Dillinger who hangs on to the ropes.  Orton beats him down but Dillinger refuses to let go.  He comes off the ropes and Dillinger pulls the ropes down, eliminating Orton and for the first time, really, we have an actual surprise Cinderella winner, and then hype up Dillinger's unlikely journey to a WM main event against AJ Styles, have guys like Orton and Owens call him a fluke and challenge him for his spot, but Dillinger outlasts them all.  Plus you set up Triple H-Strowman, Shield-Balor Club etc. etc.

What I'm expecting,  the final four ends up The Shield and Braun Strowman.  Just as Strowman mows them all down, Triple H sneak-attacks Strowman and eliminates him, setting up their WM match.  Then Reigns surprises Ambrose and Rollins and clotheslines them both out, while doing his shrugging "Big Dog" pose.  Reigns keeps the IC title,  defending it every week.  Rollins and Ambrose confront Reigns about betraying them, then challenge him to get a partner to face them for the tag titles (Which they've won at some point...), Reigns offers to fight them alone, only for Brock Lesnar to come out and F5 both for the win, putting Reigns and Lesnar as unlikely tag champs (Because WWE NEVER uses that angle!).  Reigns continues to defend the IC title, as well as the tag titles, then takes the World Title from Brock at WM.  Also, he wins the cruiserweight title, too.

• Like 1

I have a sinking suspicion that Braun and Roman won't be in the Rumble this year. I looks like they will be in singles programs on the show. Braun vs Kane and Reigns defending the Intercontinental Championship against Samoa Joe. I think it would be a real smart choice to keep Roman out of the Rumble in Philly. Roman winning there in 2015 with help from the Rock almost caused a riot I'd hate to see the reaction to the telegraphed victory this year. I'd be wiser to save Roman earning the match with Brock at the Elimination Chamber in Vegas a month later.

I have some wild fantasy booking idea of Woken Matt beating Brock for the Universal Championship at the Rumble only to lose it to Roman in the Chamber leading to Roman vs Braun main eventing Mania with Braun going over but It's not fully formed yet and what do you do with Brock come Mania and Matt for that Matter?  

9 hours ago, MonteCarl said:

NXT Call-Up/Rumble entrant will be Drew McIntyre and at one point in the Rumble there will be a 3MB reunion/showdown.

Drew's torn bicep says he will do no such thing.  He's out until April or May. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, L_W_P said:

Jason Jordan to whine his way to #30.

Sanity (Killian Dane) to debut.

Neville to return and throw out Nakamura, setting up a Mania match.

Cena to win the Rumble and face AJ for the record.

Dain already debuted in the Andre match.  I could see Eric Young debuting though, along with Nikki across if they do a women’s rumble.

I also expect Pete Dunne to appear, and Big Cass to return if he’s cleared.

Enzo is number one. Braun is two. Braun destroys Enzo. Z-train try to save Enzo. Enzo hides during chaos. Rumble ensued. Reigns has won. Enzo reappears. Sneak Throws Braun out. 

Next night Enzo sells the Rumble win to Seth Rollins. Reveal Rollins reformed Shield for the merchandise rights. Reigns, Braun and Dean confront Rollins... Authors of Pain debut and fuck everyone up. Rollins is the Architect of The Authors of Pain.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I didn't watch the UK tournament but Pete Dunne is amazing. I have only seen him in a few matches but he is like Regal in the best ways possible. I want to see him destroy a babyface Neville.  I I would l ike to see Dunne and Adam Cole get Rumble spots. 

Alistair Black needs a propper WWE debut, not a Rumble spot. He would lose some buzz if he was just a throwawy Rumble spot.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Matt788 said:

I feel they gave Orton the win last year because he is the Smackdown top guy with the most seniority. That means this year's winner is the Raw top guy with the most Seniority. (Not mayor Kane tho.)

R-Truth? Triple H?

I always assumed Orton won the Rumble last year because he was a good soldier after the Brock incident. Of course I'm sure that'll likely never be confirmed.

I suspect Orton told Brock to make it look legit in that incedent.  It just doesn't make sense for Brock to just shoot punch Orton without permission. Brock and Randy both knew Lesnar had a UFC reputation to maintain. No one was punished for that so it seemed like a non issue.

13 hours ago, caley said:

...Tye Dillinger in at #1...

No, it's a given he's going to come in as #10 again this year and every year for the next 5-6 years as WWE continues their trend of repetitiveness.

27 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

When is Bobby Lashley's contract up w/ Impact? I could see him being a surprise return, along with possibly EC3.

If he's ready to return from injury, I could see Brother Nero being a surprise return. 

The TNA deals all seem to be coming up in Feb

And Jeff isn't expected back until May