DVDVR Message Board

Funniest wrestling name you have heard?

gatbak85

Darkly funny in a THAT'S FUCKED UP sense - theres a rudo in Mexico named SIDA.

So basically, his name is AIDS.  He wears a bodysuit that's half skeleton and half just red.  

http://luchawiki.com/index.php?title=Sida

Speaking of which, my other favorite Lucha one is from when Televisa Deportes had AAA make a wrestler decked out in a Televisa Deportes sponsorship.  His name was TD.

The announcers always announced him as "EL ES...TD!"

I'm pretty sure they were calling him El STD on purpose

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, Tromatagon said:

Darkly funny in a THAT'S FUCKED UP sense - theres a rudo in Mexico named SIDA.

So basically, his name is AIDS.  He wears a bodysuit that's half skeleton and half just red.  

http://luchawiki.com/index.php?title=Sida

I remember he was actually in the awesome Lucha Loco book from a few years ago. 

Not "real" wrestling names, but the wonderful Chuck Taylor added to his list of names and gimmicks on the most recent AoW. Off the top of my head, the ones that made me laugh the most were:

Pat Minotaur

Todd N. Turbo (TNT), but he comes out to Thunderstruck by AC/DC because he likes that song better

"Against the Wind" Dan Bath and "Hollywood Nights" Bob Arlington

Scott Bakula

"Looks Good from Here" Brian Binoculars

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 12/5/2017 at 1:06 PM, Zimbra said:

The dude was so indie it hurt: a doughy white guy with a shiny sleeveless shirt/pants combo and a very Nova-ish move set.  I love him.

I also miss all the late-90s early 2000s whose gimmick and name was entirely based on vaguely resembling a WCW/WWF star: i.e. Dave Mysterio, Dave Jericho, Big Slam Vader.  

Supreme Lee Great was awesome in EWR. For some reason I got him up to 100 overness really quickly and all of his segments were always highly rated.

I love the name Macho Sasquatcho. I saw it pop up somewhere on a wrestling site in the late 90s and it stuck with me. Never looked him up till now. I did not expect a ratty Chewbacca Halloween costume, but it makes it even better than what I imagined.

7646ccf1babc6ca7f0817edb4ded6357.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Never heard it but joked with my wife about an Italian playboy named Pete Zaa. He would be accompanied to the ring by his side dishes; Mary Nara, Faye Tuchini, Kay Pelini & Lynn Guini.

He would work for a smaller Mafia family headed up by Ma Caroni. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, L_W_P said:

Never heard it but joked with my wife about an Italian playboy named Pete Zaa. He would be accompanied to the ring by his side dishes; Mary Nara, Faye Tuchini, Kay Pelini & Lynn Guini.

He would work for a smaller Mafia family headed up by Ma Caroni. 

If I was a wrestler I'd come out of retirement to make this happen.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Throat said:

I love the name Macho Sasquatcho. I saw it pop up somewhere on a wrestling site in the late 90s and it stuck with me. Never looked him up till now. I did not expect a ratty Chewbacca Halloween costume, but it makes it even better than what I imagined.

7646ccf1babc6ca7f0817edb4ded6357.jpg

Is he wearing a shag carpet somebody tore out of their basement?

• Haha 1