DVDVR Message Board

Your 2013 INTERNET MATCHES OF THE YEAR RESTART

DEAN

Won't spoil anything but none of his matches are near that long. Lotta pre & post match stuff prob included in those vids.

That one goes 15, which about the right lenghth. the Ibushi match is longer (and better).

Did you ever watch the most recent LA Park vs Dr. Wagner match, Dean? I want to try to be the last person on the internet to get around to that and I need your help.

I have not seen it yet but this weekend is going to be all about playing basketball with my 8 year old and try to catch up on theCubsFan's 2013 videos. I will start with that one.

TODO X EL TODO- L A PARK vs DR WAGNER- 5/11/2013:  Goddam, this match is motherfucking great.  It might be the IWA King Of The Deathmatch 1995-level blood or the fucking MASTERFUL brawling through the crowd.  Either way,  fucking awesome.

---------------------

MONTERREY- L A PARK/ VILLANO IV vs ANGEL BLANCO JR/ DR WAGNER JR- 6/2/2013:  This match is pretty fucking great too.

CMLL- MASCARA DORADA/ STUKA JR/ REY COMETA vs NAMAJAGUE/ TIGER/ REY BUCANERO JR:  You would need my favorite technico- Rey Cometa, and one of my favorite rudos- Namajague, to get a the warmest of Lucha Warm Bodies Filling Out A Match- Tiger, Rey Bucanero Jr, onto this thread.  Luckily, Rey and Namajague totally rock it, the LWBFOAM contingent step up a little and Mascara Dorada is pretty spectactular in this.

I so miss the days when I could stream wrestling infinitely on Youtube. After seeing LA Park vs. Wagner Jr. just came up I had to watch it and said FUCK THE BANDWIDTH POLICE. There's so many great little things about that match. The burning of the shirt, the total lack of care with the chair headshots, Wagner's blood leaking into his mask with patterns of white still visible in the design, Wagner coming back and pitching Parka over three rows right into two fans wearing Parka masks... it's just fantastic. The end, with the falls evened up, where they reverse offense based on dodging their opponents, and multiple ref bumps DON'T end the match, ends up working perfect. Watch that match, people.

• Like 1

If there wasn't the bullshit with the referee towards the end, that could easily be my favourite match in years. Seriously, it's great - the finish takes me out of the mood a little, but the rest is bloody, violent and flat out morose. These two look like they actually want to commit homicide, and we all get to watch it unfold.

BIG JAPAN PRO WRESTLING- YUJI OKABAYASHI/ DEISUKE SEKIMOTO/ SHINOBU/ KAZUKI HASHIMOTO vs YOSHIHITO SASAKI/ SHINYA ISHIKAWA/ RYUICHI KAWAKAMI/ MADOKA- 5/27/2013:  Big Japan Strongstyle is awesome and this match is beautiful.  So stiff, so violent, so drenched with hate.  All hatred from both sides points to Biggest Strong Style Asshole in BJPWSS, our boy K-Hash.  This match, this endless love...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x10qml6_05-sekimoto-yuji-shinobu-kazuki-vs-sasaki-shinya-kawakami-madoka-bjw-05-27-13_sport

CMLL- NITRO/ SKANDOLO/ ARKANGEL de la MUERTE vs BUSHIROAD/ DIAMANTE/ LEONO:  Arkangel excites me as a fan of Lucha Libre.  The violence, the hatred, the slapping and kicking.  Thecubsfan refuses to explain the existence of Bushiroad.  You have to respect that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_40Srun56k

--------------

D-RING- YASSHI/ TARU/ KENGO NISHIMURA/ KAZUNARI MURAKAMI vs KENTO MIYAHARA/ TAISHI TAKIZAWA/ SATOSHI KAJIWARA/ MITSUHIRO KITAMIYA- 2/11/2013:  JIMINY CRICKETS, prepare to fall in love with Murakami all over again.  Unless you are Kengo's teeth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQkizcVX9bY

-----------------------

LWA(PERU)- EDDIE BLAS/ TRASH DREAM/ DORIAN VS KILLER/ IGGY/ KARCAMO/ BAD BOY:  Some of these guys were in that truly spectacular 10 man that Dick Togo orchestrated last year on his farewell tour.  I see that these guys can have a really fun match on their own.

LWA (PERU)- KAISER vs NAOMICHI MURAFUJI: General suck-ass Marufuji goes to Peru and gets in a match with Peruvian ass-stomper Kaiser. Results: Finest WCW-SN match in Peruvian history.

• Like 2

Oh heavens.  Let's correct this grave injustice 

Necro v. Bonesaw

this is the dullest necro match i ever seen

if i find out who you are

i will sneak up on you

i will grab the bluntest object around

i will smash you in the ear with it

you wasted 12 mins of my life

i dont like you

• Like 1

CMLL- MAXIMO/ RUSH/ THUNDER vs MR AGUILA/ POLVORA/ NEGRO CASAS- 6/7/2013:  I am WAY behind in my lucha libre viewing and I noticed that in Schneider's Tuesday Lucha Libre Thread that he commented that Rush (who I came to love last year while fueding with Terrible) and Negro Casas (who was in the fucking greatest brawl in lucha history versus El Hijo del Santo in 1998) are bludgeoning the fuck out of each other.  They are and it is awesome.  Here is the first match I watched.

---------------------

CMLL- DIAMANTE AZOOOL/ RUSH/ SHOCKER vs EIFORIA/ NEGRO CASAS/ NIEBLA ROJA- 5/2013:  This is more about Rush being a total asshole than about he and Casas pummelling each (though they do a little).  Rush is so fucking awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UuLSe0MDLlE

------------------------

ALL JAPAN- GO SHIOZAKI vs SUWAMA- 7/14/2013: Speaking of guys who will beat the living fuck out of each other... 2/3 FALLZ~! 

Goddam, Shiozaki hits the greatest tope con hilo I've seen in forever in thethird fall.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x12blsd_suwama-vs-go-shiozaki-2-3-falls-ajpw-07-14-13_sport

AAA- LARRY MIRANDA JR vs SEXY FRANCIS- 7/14/2013:  Everyone wins when exoticos take it to the mat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0CgJjXj2UQ

-----------------------

MONTERREY- KONNAN BIG vs ERNESTO CHAVANA hair vs hair- 7/14/2013:  This match makes me miss VCRs an videotapes and comp tapes.  This would be so perfect as one of those matches that isn't a technical masterpiece but is so fun that everyone should see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shWs199kKU0

-----------------------

CMLL- SHOCKER/ TERRIBLE/ NEGRO CASAS vs RUSH/ MAXIMO/ REY ESCORPION:  Me n Schneider just SYNCHED~! up on this and- BOY!- it's the total motherfucker.  The Casa/ Rush parts are what you would expect, but Shocker bringing an actual A-Game in the 1-3 is the most pleasant surprise.  Everybody goes balls to the wall in this and you will love it. 

CMLL-DELTA/ HIJO DEL FANTASMA/DIAMANTE vs NOSFERATU/ CANCERBERO/ RAZIEL- 6/15/2013: Three of my favorite rudos against two technicos that I truly tolerate!

--------------------

WORLD WRESTLING COUNCIL- CARLITO vs SAVIO VEGA- 6/28/2013: Dig the greatness of an old school PR match.  Savio Vega is fucking awesome.